- 1 installation of decorative self-leveling floor with their hands Technology
- 2 Decorative self-leveling floor with their hands
- 3 Make a self-leveling floor with their hands - step by step
installation of decorative self-leveling floor with their hands Technology
Most people believe that decorative self-leveling floors is virtually impossible to do by hand. Actually this is not true. For some, the work may seem daunting and almost impossible. Other easily take on the installation of decorative floor coatings for many years and will be satisfied with the result. The design of the inlet decorative floor is simple, but to execute it is used mainly running and most common materials. So called polymeric floor covering which has no seams, and placed on any original substrate.
For the installation of perfect cement-sand screed, concrete base, ceramic tile or wood floors. The thickness of the decorative coating may vary from 1 to 7 mm. For pouring floors in residential areas will be the optimal index in the thickness of 1.5 mm. If you do more, so the floor will not be considered cost-effective, and when the thickness is less, then it is not so practical. Decorative self-leveling floors with each year is gaining momentum in popularity. Practice shows that such an extension in the construction industry, they got exactly due to the fact that they have a fairly easy installation process.
It should also be noted that this flooring is incredibly beautiful and stylish look. And their ability to radically transform the interior of any room deserves special attention. These coatings can be installed almost everywhere: in the flats high-rise buildings, the private sector, garages, offices and even on sports fields. Always worth to highlight the main advantages of decorative self-leveling floors. These include:
It is these qualities primarily attract consumers. A possibility to make a cover with his own hands makes self-leveling floors even more popular. To do this work yourself, you must first familiarize yourself with the types of floors, installation technology, safety measures and other requirements of the process of work. Coatings decorative filler types are divided into several basic types:
- methyl methacrylate;
- cement and acrylic.
For installation in the living room mostly prefer polyurethane types. If you compare with others, these are the most warm, light and elegant. Also, the polyurethane coating presents a diverse palette and stand beautiful gloss. Decorative coating type filler also divided into self-leveling, aligning. If you give preference to self-leveling mixture, while pouring you do not have to make extra efforts. Solution alone will be spread across a floor surface exactly level. If the installation cover is used leveling compound, then it will have to work even distribution of special spatula.
Installation of decorative self-leveling flooring types with their own hands is done in several stages. Let's examine them in detail.
Preparation of the base floor to fill
Initial base, no matter from what is material, you need to carefully prepare. First of all its surface must be perfectly flat. It is necessary in all areas of the premises to check the horizontal level. Permissible deviation, but not more than 4 mm. The substrate must be cleaned of dust and other debris, repaired chips and cracks special solution, if the surface of the concrete. When present on the surface of minor irregularities, then they must be removed with a grinder.
If the base wood, then it is necessary to remove and clean the surface of the plinth of the old varnish or paint. Next, the surface is sanded and vacuumed better. Ceramic tile is also possible to mount a self-leveling floor, and to prepare the base, you need to check how firmly attached tiles. Remove those who hold bad, and putty emptiness. You will need an organic solvent for degreasing the surface.
Priming and preparation of the solution
Prepared substrate must be primed. It is necessary for a better grip of the inlet floor to ground. The primer is applied in several layers, it is necessary to completely close all the pores. It is worth noting that when the temperature drops in the room on the first coat may appear bubbles, for this you need to follow. Each successive layer must be applied only when the previous dry. Fill the mixture is desirable to carry out no later than one day after application of the primer to it has not had time to settle dust.
As for the solution to fill, it should be prepared only in accordance with the instructions, which is indicated on the packaging manufacturer. It is important that the prepared solution is well spread over the surface. When installing self-leveling floor with their hands, first in a special container is poured water, and then fall asleep dry mix for decorative coatings. The solution should be thoroughly mixed. It is worth paying attention to the amount of water. If you add more than you need, then the floor strength is insufficient, resulting in cracks.
And if the water is not enough, the leveling disturbed solution.
In order to carry out installation of the inlet decorative floor with your hands, you need to prepare the following tools and materials:
- dvadtsatilitrovaya container for mixing therein a solution;
- solution turned to good mixing required for its electric drill with a special nozzle;
- to regulate the layer thickness of the squeegee is required;
- to align a ready solution to the base, you need a wide spatula;
- Needle roller to remove excess air from the surface;
- polyethylene film;
- solvent to clean instruments at the end of work.
It is worth noting that starting potting mix when installing a decorative covering with your hands must be on the farthest wall, with respect to the entrance of the room. Also, care should be taken not to get the height differences. To do this, you need to fill in a solution without a break, one batch at a time.
This point in the filling mount decorative floor with your hands is the most important, so do everything you need to properly and accurately. The prepared solution should be poured onto a prepared substrate. To the mixture is distributed evenly over the floor, should be placed every next portion as close as possible to the previous one. Wide spatula need to connect between a portion of the solution, simultaneously aligning the mixture. At the same time we should not forget about the squeegee, which constantly need to adjust the thickness of the layer. Each solution was poured aligned portion must spiked roller.
In this way, the entire area is filled with spaces. When work on pouring the decorative covering with your hands will be finished, the floor is covered with a film of polyethylene. It protects against ingress of dust into the fresh solution and other debris, as well as to avoid uneven hardening. On the dried surface is applied a polyurethane varnish. He gives the decorative coating is even more beautiful shine and improves the quality of work done by hand. Note that the solution for decorative filler coating maintains fluidity for about 40 minutes.
You have to be laid each next portion of the mixture, not later than 10 minutes after the previous one.
Decorative filler coating, regardless of whether it is installed with his hands or his business experts, operate only in a week. But it freezes after about 12 hours. After this time, the floor can already be walking. The surface can be made colored or with any image, for example, painting, ornament, or even a photograph. Today, a huge popular self-leveling floors with three-dimensional image.
When working with polymer compositions need to take precautions. Installation of liquid fine floor with their hands must not be carried out without the use of protective equipment. These include: gloves, masks, goggles.
Decorative self-leveling floor with their hands
Decorative self-leveling floor with his hands is a complex process. The outer coating durability and beauty are directly dependent on how well and correctly carried out the work on laying. Most construction companies are now offering installation services 3D coverage, and find them no difficulty.
You can try to fill an ornamental sex alone, but before that it should still be thoroughly acquainted not only with the composition of paints and polymers, but also with the technology itself. It consists of the following stages:
- Preparation of the base under the filling 3D floor. Typically, this is a concrete screed, with a perfectly smooth surface, without holes, chamfers, cracks. The smallest deviation or unevenness will inevitably lead to the formation of cracks and blisters floor.
- Compliance with the requirements of processing the base before coating. It is meant a thorough cleansing prepares the surface of sand, dust and dirt. For better coupling self-leveling floor with the base must be pre-primed.
- Check the moisture content is. If you ignore this step - the money will simply go down the drain. Moisture should be minimal, otherwise the polymer bound base simply does not occur, and the coating is covered with cracks.
- If the image you are using wallpapers and stickers, must be very precisely and exactly, without peeling and wrinkles, glue them to the base. In addition, they must be well smoothed before the resin casting. When using paint pattern after complete drying, it should be further processed primer floor surface.
- Produced batch coating of polymer and curing agent using a mixer. In no case do not do it manually.
- Ready solution inlet 3D coating necessary to develop for 1 hour. If the coverage area is larger, it must be divided into several sections, fill each in turn. Also take care of special shoes for this type of work, to prevent fingerprints and traces. Polymer thickness may not be more than 4-5 mm. Having a perfectly smooth and even surface is easy to achieve such a thickness.
- Subsequent alignment of the solution to avoid formation of bubbles carried out by means of special tools (knife coating or roller). The structure of the polymer such that it is very good running and evening, but the action with roller need to create a perfectly smooth surface.
- It requires strict compliance with a limited scope of time at each stage of the work.
- Carry out additional filling of the finished floor with a protective varnish.
By and large, floor-filling with the base installation requires approximately 2 weeks. Depending on the complexity of the application and the time of drawing the art may increase or decrease. When applying by hand drawing, this stage can be much longer.
Features and structure of self-leveling floor
Filler 3D floor - is a floor covering which not only possesses color, and by itself is an image or pattern. Simply put, an image is obtained under a transparent layer, which is a floor covering. The most common visual images are the finished prints. They are printed on the appropriate size for a special photo printer, because for any size of the room you can choose the desired picture.
3D consists of layers:
- Self-leveling screed;
- Image (independent from drawing paints on a paper or a photo);
- A two-component transparent polymer (hardener and thickener);
- Protective lacquer.
The structure is also sometimes added to a variety of decorative "little things" such as pieces of material, figurines, coins, etc. All this together determines the future design of the floor and the room itself.
Regarding the characteristics of self-leveling floor, then they are more nuances to fill technology than the end result. Installation work is rather time-consuming and require some patience. It is in connection with this service wizard casting a decorative floor is often more expensive than the floor itself.
Relative to the cost of materials for the device decorative 3D, then their price affects the complexity of the work. For example, for a single color self-leveling floor and the wizard the price starts from $ 60 per 1 cu. m. At the same time the design registration (wallpapers, picture) are determined by a cost from $ 140 per 1 cu. m. Services as a professional artist, who will be engaged in hand-painted floor always depend on the price exposed by the artist himself in an hour of work, so the cost of the work can be infinitely large.
- How much is self-leveling floor Of course, anyone who is going to make repairs and still use self-leveling mixture wondering how much is self-leveling floor. cover price up ...
- How much is a 3D Filler 3D floor self-leveling floor - a polymeric coating in the form of samorazravnivayuscheysya weight in a couple of centimeters thick, deposited on the drawing. How much is…
- Of liquid polymer floors with their own hands liquid polymer floors with their hands in the apartment, the garage is not uncommon today. Experts recommend to lay it polyurethane floor, because he is the most ...
- 3D self-leveling floors Self-leveling floor with their hands 3D with their hands quite realized the problem, just you will need the skills, craftsmanship and professional flair. Consistent accurate observance of the recommendations ...
- leveling floors manufacturing technology is self-leveling floors 3D Technology 3D is relatively new for today. A wide range of materials and colors to create a beautiful design ...
- leveling floors manufacturing technology is self-leveling floor - this is the name of a wide variety of different materials, which are applied in bulk for leveling the surface. Manufacturing technology of self-leveling floor as ...
- Filler Filler garage floor in the garage floor is an excellent solution for a floor covering, because the coating provides a screed, for places design vulnerabilities ...
When copying materials active link to the site is required
Make a self-leveling floor with their hands - step by step
Experienced builders know that a perfectly smooth and durable surface screed is practically impossible. Swings, caverns, cracks, loose top layer - this is not a complete list of defects which are eliminated by the self-leveling leveling compounds.
The term "self-leveling floors" professionals understand mixture basic and finishing leveling the base (wood, concrete, cement, sand, gypsum, anhydrite or other species couplers) for mounting various coatings. there cement, cement and plaster and gypsum composition. They are classified as compositions for roughing (preparatory) work.
Self-leveling mix, intended for further finishing (laminate, linoleum, tile, etc.)
The different materials for the base and the final alignment? The former contain coarse components are applied layer by 2 to 10 cm Second -. Mixture is finely ground, used for finish coating a thin layer decorative coating (laminate, linoleum flooring, carpet, etc..). The depth of the reservoir - from a few millimeters to 3-4 centimeters.
8 years ago, manufacturers have offered to retail customers is a relatively new product - the so-called self-leveling floors for finishing of residential and commercial premises. This material is a polymeric movable (liquid) composition. It is applied in a thin layer and after curing forms a smooth, durable, seamless coated with a decorative effect. Better known as a liquid or a 3D-linoleum floors.
Self-leveling floors with a pattern are topcoat.
Depending on the type of elastomer are distinguished:
- Epoxy compounds. Applicable for rooms with high mechanical loads (garages, parking lots, warehouses). the composition of the color - gray, but can be pigmented in any color on request.
- Polyurethane one- or two-component composition. Different impact resistance, flexibility, hygiene. Amenable tinting. To create a bulk drawings on the floor do not use transparent tinted formulations. As a base used fillers (silica sand, mineral colored chips, seashells, small coins) or banner fabric with a printed pattern.
- Methyl methacrylate mixture. High-elastic compounds, can withstand significant loads in compression, bending and stretching. Designed for industrial complex bases proved excellent in conditions of constant vibration, frequent impacts, etc.
- Epoxy-urethane formulations. Professional flooring resistant to abrasion and vibration processes. Used on large areas, are durable and of high cost.
- Polymer-coating. A separate category for industrial use, is used in specific conditions (significant changes in temperature and humidity load custom and so on.).
Tip! For residential premises it is preferred to use polyurethane self-leveling floors as the most safe, waterproof and hygienic.
Depending on the thickness distinguish unilamellar and multilamellar (highly filled) compounds. The first film forming section up to 2 mm. To form the second, various fillers, wherein the polymer is filled in layers with intermediate drying in 24-48 hours.
Obviously, the method of applying roughing and finishing liquid formulations differ. Let us consider in more detail below.
Step by step instructions for filling self-leveling floor leveling
Process base remarkably alignment pattern illustrated below.
Driving fill tanker subfloor.
To give a detailed description of nonprofessionals.
First of all, you need to prepare the following set of tools:
- Capacity kneading solution (plastic or galvanized bucket);
- Building with drill mixer or the mixing nozzle;
- Doctor blade to draw a solution or a rule;
- Level or a laser level;
- Point Lighthouse benchmarks;
- Needle roller to remove air bubbles;
- Kraskostupy (lining for shoes).
A set of tools for casting a self-leveling floor.
On how well and correctly will be prepared by pouring the floor, it determines the final result. And it's not an allegation. On a dusty, weak, not primed the basis of the frozen solution to quickly crack, lose strength, in the end simply peel off. Accordingly, all efforts and costs disappear.
In accordance with SP 29.13330.2011 and SNP 3.04.01-87 base must be:
- Dry. humidity factor - less than 2%, heated screed - less than 1.8%.
- Durable. Compressive Index - not less than 10 MPa.
- Matured. Age cement-sand bases - more than 28 days, the concrete - 3 months.
Gender should be pre-cleaned of debris, dust, dirt. Traces of grease, oil, asphalt, paints - remove solvents or clean off. Weak crumbling sections, remove the scum layer, and cracks, cavities need to embroider and fill in the special quick-drying compositions (epoxy putty or repair blitz cement).
If the substrate is very contaminated bitumen, oil, and the durability is questionable, manufacturers recommend the use of so-called separation layer. As a kind of "damper" may be a polyethylene film 100 microns thick, rolled waterproofing materials and their analogs. The same method works well on highly absorptive substrates.
Anhydrite screeds sanitary standards recommended sanded prior to the manifestation of the filler. Do not be afraid of this action, because sander can easily take 1-2 days hire. It is economical and practical.
The final step should be primed. On the surface of the brush or roller to apply primer layer 1-3 deep penetration or setting compositions (Betonkontakt, Puttsgrunt, ST-17). Obligatory intermediate drying at least 12 hours between layers.
On the packaging of every self-respecting manufacturer has always print the instructions (see. Photo 1), which indicates the water flow rate in the mixing. Its temperature varies between +15 - +20 ° C.
The bucket must carefully pour a measured amount of pure, free of impurities, the liquid gradually add dry mix and stir with a mixer to obtain a homogeneous solution. The term viability of the solution depends on the basic binder, and usually does not exceed 30-60 minutes.
Tip! Materials containing cement, in contact with water to form an alkali, so the work is recommended to avoid contact with the skin and eyes. Use personal protective equipment (respirator, goggles, gloves).
Excess water is dangerous for the self-leveling floor. Ready solution may exfoliate as in photograph 2 and the hardened base - crack and lose strength.
Spoiled excess water self-leveling floor.
This step is considered to be the easiest. When using a laser level or a water drop base leveling verified and calculated layer thickness. underfloor heating system is switched off 48 hours before the commencement of works. Reclosing allowed 3-7 days after formation of the coating.
In thin layers (section - less than 1 cm) the final composition must be poured on the substrate accurately distribute squeegee or rule. If the alignment layer exceeds 1-2 cm, to control the floor level can use fiducials beacons, which are arranged at regular intervals around the room.
After pouring its solution should be rolled with a spiked roller, as shown in picture 3. This process will remove the air bubbles, the mixture was sealed. If the basis of the available expansion joints, they must be repeated in the finish layer.
Spiked roller rolling solution.
We note an important point that is often forgotten masters. Draft - the enemy of smooth and durable coating. In the room you need to close the windows and doors, with thick-layer deposition can be further filled cover with plastic wrap solution to drying is uniform.
Decorative floor filler - forming features
Liquid fine floors with 3D-effect positioned as waterproof and durable alternative to traditional coatings for areas with high and normal humidity.
3D self-leveling floors.
Actually floor is obtained by polymerizing a single or two-component compound. It has a liquid structure resembles a traditional parquet lacquer. When applied literally spread out on the ground, forming a monolithic thin coating with excellent strength characteristics.
Customers are often overlooked, and performers do not recall that the self-leveling finishing floors - cold material. So it is better to operate in conjunction with the system "warm floor".
How does casting floor finishing Polymer Flooring? Creation process is largely similar to the work with mixtures that demonstrated pattern below. But there are significant differences.
Scheme thin leveling floors a decorative type.
For a better understanding of the present technology phased description of the formation of the finishing coating 3D polyurethane formulations.
Preparation of the concrete base
Rules are basically the same: the floor should be smooth, dry, sound and always clean. Ideally coupler should carefully sanded special machine with a diamond cutter or corundum grain large (300 to 600 units.), As shown in Figure 4. All defects necessarily eliminate, or a thin layer of polyurethane to flow into a crack or cavity, respectively, beautiful coating is not out. Swings - no more than 2 mm per 2 meters square.
Grinding concrete screed.
After grinding the base to be coated with a special primer on polyurethane or acrylic based. It significantly strengthens the floor surface, improves adhesion and reduces the consumption of the basic compound.
Formation of Decorative layer
To get the floor 3D-effects banner using synthetic fabric. At its precision laser printing method applied customer selected pattern. Next web carefully smoothed over the surface and adhered to the primed plate using a polymeric adhesive. Surplus at the walls of neatly cut. Term of drying of the adhesive layer - at least 1-2 days.
Bonding material is patterned to the substrate.
To create a highly filled coatings using special fillers - quartz sand, marble chips or pigmented gravel, chips, shells and other decorative elements. They are carefully dispersed on the surface, carefully leveled.
The polymer compound
The mixture should be mixed with a hardener, if necessary, be poured onto the floor and gently spread over the entire surface of the doctor blade or spatula. Next, the deaeration is performed - removing air bubbles spiked roller.
Deaeration polymer floor.
Multilayer polymeric poured floors 3-4 pitch as polyurethane thickness of 3 mm is polymerized for a long time - more than a week. Therefore, each layer in the cross section of 0.5-1 mm carefully dried for one day. Layers are formed as long as the filler is not completely disappear under the varnish.
Before hardening self-leveling coatings is necessary to wait 5 to 10 days. After that, the floor can be operated.