- 1 A fence made of slabs with their hands
- 1.1 Selection of edging boards and councils for choice
- 1.2 Walkthrough for the construction of the fence of slab with his own hands
- 2 A fence made of slabs with their hands in the photo
- 3 A fence made of slabs with their hands
A fence made of slabs with their hands
The most budget option and practical wooden fence - a fence of slab. Its easy to make your own hands, and the material is readily available to any sawmill or gift for little money. Fence obtained reliable and durable, and if you try - it is also a beautiful and unusual. What is behind the material, and how to build from it a beautiful design?
In fact, the slab - is waste wood production. He is a sawn board with one hand, his other side retains its original appearance and texture of raw logs. Previously, it was used only as firewood and for finishing or roughing temporary objects. But over time, gardeners have learned to build from the material strong and original fence. The cost of it depends on the wood species, type of treatment and size.
Advantages of this material intake cottage
- Availability and low price
- Easy to install
- Durability and reliability
- Aesthetic appearance
- Resistance to atmospheric agents
- Originality and originality
Shortcomings in slabs also available. Firstly, the complex itself feed processing - sanded and must be processed each die. It takes a lot of time. Secondly, any low fire resistance of wood material.
Selection of edging boards and councils for choice
Croaker can be of two types - wood and business. The first type is not suitable for sampling devices, as its surface is uneven and often it splits unstable trees. Business gorbylom sheathe barns, used for the construction of formwork and outbuildings, fences and walls. He, in turn, divided into thick and thin. croaker formed into bundles worth more piled in a heap, as there is less waste. The best kind of material considered to be calibrated, or block-house. It is ten times more expensive than conventional slab business. But it will have to handle and cleaned.
Neokorenny croaker seduces its postpaid, but over time the bark will peel off, and it can be got bark beetle. Debarked and oshlifovanny material looks noble and expensive, and if he is also treated with protective impregnation, the longevity (20-25 years) provided the fence. by grinding services are provided at an additional cost sawmill, but it is possible to clear the plates from the bark of their own - with an ax and a grinder.
By species no significant difference, but should be avoided poplar (rotting) and birch (too hard and warp). It is worth remembering that after the delivery of the material in place, it must be sorted and processed in a short period of time, otherwise the bark beetle will cause the wood very quickly into disrepair. Then dice is recommended to dry.
- Vertical, or palisade. It is the easiest versions when stuffed dice vertically on pre-prepared skeleton.
- Horizontal, without the use of cross members. Stuffed slab horizontally from column to column butt, with gaps or overlap.
- Reversible fence, wherein unedged board mounted on two sides. It is the most expensive option, as the material should be twice as much.
Materials for the device
- Poles (metal, wood)
- Bar - poles or beams, or plates of long slabs
- Sand, schebonka
- Special composition for the treatment of wood
- Resin or working out
Tools for erecting fences
- Twine and tape measure
- ax carpenter
- Shovel or drill
- A hammer
It is important that at the time of construction of the fence has been dry and not edging board could dry up after treatment. sampling device from the slab can be divided into three stages.
- Calculation of area sampling and the amount of material.
- Site preparation and marking.
- Preparing the timber.
- Installing the supporting pillars and the frame device (if necessary).
- Patch slab on the frame.
Calculation of area sampling and the amount of material
To calculate the number of columns and building materials you can use the free online calculator, or make their own calculations. Begin with the calculation of the perimeter of the measurement area, which is necessary to protect. Next, determine the distance between the supporting pillars and calculated the number of necessary construction materials, as well as their costs.
For example, if the land area 12 ar then the perimeter is 140 meters. If the distance between the posts is 2 meters, and the gate width is 1 meter, then all you will need 70 poles. When the length of the board 2 m, width 10 cm and thickness 2.5 cm area on the entire enclosure, which is 278 sq. m need 1390 pieces or 6.95 cubic meters of slabs. Material taken from the reserve, so you do not buy more. When the fence height of 2 m and width of 2 m between sections need steel tube 76 x 4 mm.
Further forward pillars instillation depth to determine their length. To fence stood firm, and was not subject to the power of the wind, the depth should be at least 60 cm. The foundation of the fence of the slab is not necessary, but it must be concreted metal supports. Wooden poles necessarily treated with mastic asphalt or carbonize.
In soft ground poles driven into the pre proburonnye pit. Poles put strictly on the level.
Walkthrough for the construction of the fence of slab with his own hands
Step 1. Preparation of material. Debarking slabs needed and it can perform a shovel, or a carpenter's hatchet. Next gorbyliny should be marked, sawed and sanded. After a thorough grinding timber is covered by any protective structure in two layers. You can use a spray bottle or a wide brush.
Step 2. While the dice croaker dry, begin work on the layout of wells and installation of supporting pillars. The distance between them should be not more than 2.5 m. Gorbyl can be fixed both on wood and on metal poles. Metal supports digged into the soil to a depth of at least 50 cm, and concreted. Wooden poles necessarily processed bitumen mastic. We should not forget about the drainage of the gravel. Backfilling is performed in layers followed rammer. All the pillars are aligned on the level.
Step 3. Mounting slab. Even before the patch is to determine what will be the appearance of the fence. If the slab is mounted vertically, the horizontal bars needed. As the fasteners 150 are used nails or screws, prelubricated drying oil or machine oil. For horizontal mounting straps are not needed, as the slab is attached directly to the supporting columns or bars lining. It is better to mount the plates overlap to avoid gaps later. Croaker - heterogeneous material, but it gives it a certain originality.
On top of the dies can be nailed plank-visor - protection against moisture.
Step 4. Dressing the fence.
There are several ways to turn an ordinary fence into the design.
- Figure sawing edges of the plates.
- Coloring and tinting stain, lacquer coating.
- Partial roasting, after which plates are covered with lacquer or varnish.
- Brushed - vytsarapyvanie brush fibers, and subsequent toning. Before brushing croaker can burn - and will finish and protection.
- boards overlap when gorbylin herringbone packing should be not less than 1.5-2 cm, especially the bad-dried material.
- The optimum width of the boards to the fence -. 20 cm wider dies during operation may crack.
Video on "How to build a fence of slab"
Fence edging board - is a kind of art object. If you approach the task with diligence and imagination, it will be a long time to please his exclusive appearance. On average, the fence of slab will last from 10 to 20 years.
A fence made of slabs with their hands in the photo
Create your own hands the dream of every owner of a private home. But what to do if your budget is limited? Then he comes to the aid croaker. What is this stuff? How to build a fence?
Slab as a material for the fence
The material is often used for heating private houses, but nothing prevents to create out of it a beautiful fence.
Croaker - popular, finding it not be easy (there are on any sawmill).
Advantages are as follows:
- massive fences - high reliability;
- with proper processing, fences have long life (at least 15 years);
- ease of installation. Create a fence of slab with his hands under the force of each owner of a private house;
- beautiful view. Enough to dream a little - get a real design solution;
- ecology. Fences are not toxic, have a positive effect on others of its citizens;
- fence is not interested in the Vandals - it can not pass on the metal or else to sell.
- the need for large quantities of material (slab is never the same shape, so you may need for his selection);
- material after installation several times treated with protective means, or service life will be short-lived (3-5 years);
- preconditioning strips of slabs made exclusively by hand, a laborious process.
Before we understand how to make the fence of slab with your hands, you need to prepare a list of tools:
- material in the required amount (depending on the area);
- supporting pillars. Many experts in the field recommend using only wooden supports, as a homogeneous material is best to fit in with each other. But you can use if you wish, of course: channel, concrete pillars, even lined with stone;
- wooden logs;
- a shovel, an ax;
- consumables: screws, nails.
Fence slabs installed in several stages, namely:
- Preparing the necessary material.
- Marking the territory where the fence will be installed.
- Mounting of the supporting pillars.
- Installation of joists and slabs.
Prepare the necessary material
Initially, the slab should be prepared. It is as follows:
- Removed from all bark strips.
- The treated strips are dried in the sun (depending on the temperature, it may take up to 3 days).
- Then sanding (giving beautiful appearance).
- The prepared material is processed by an antiseptic various pests.
- Finally the material necessary to cover the choice of varnish, lacquer. This will serve as a reliable protection against thermal effects.
Marking the territory for future installation
The marking is carried out by a conventional cord peg. Thanks to them, it should be noted future space for the supporting pillars.
Due to the fact that the fence is of a material quite massive, must adhere to the distance between the posts is approximately 2 meters. Allowed smaller the distance, but in any case no more, because it can simply "fill up."
In places where the supporting columns are mounted, it is recommended to make the hole for installation depth of approximately 70 centimeters.
Depending on what kind of supporting columns are selected, determined by the type of installation:
- wooden supports. Before installing, it is necessary to pre-process protection mixtures, which are bought in DIY stores (the price of 200 rubles). Part of the support is immersed in the ground, wrapped in the roofing material. Thereafter, the supports are set in a vertical position, and then compacted broken brick, building debris;
- If we talk about concrete piers, just install in a vertical position, and then compacted debris, rubble, broken bricks. The support must be fixed firmly in the ground. Pour solution (cement + gravel);
- using a metal U-sections or pipes must be pre-pit covered with the composition of the sand, gravel. Components are mixed, compacted in a hole, is set bearing, is filled with cement mortar in the proportions 1: 3 (cement / sand);
- the formation of stone pillars, the foundation initially done. For that sees the pit depth of 50 cm, and then filled with cement mortar mixed with gravel. Field of the grout hardens, becomes brickwork.
If the fence will include a vertical arrangement boards - joists are installed in a horizontal position. Before installing the joists must be pretreated with a solution for protection from pests, temperature effects, and then fastened with screws to the supporting pillars.
If the fence will have a horizontal mounting planks form, croaker dozhzhen attached via prepacked it bars.
Despite the fact that the fence of slab refers to the budget fences mind, which is often used owners of private houses, something prevents to make it kind of elegant. It is enough to add a few decorative elements.
One of the easiest ways to improve its views - trite paint.
Not necessarily to use when painting solid colors - dream up a little to get the beautiful pattern.
Covered croaker linseed oil varnish. Paint will not only improve its appearance, but will give ogradku resistance against harmful insects
If there are skills of carving, you can create some interesting shapes or banal to make slabs of the same size, thus there will be a different kind.
You can on the contrary, to emphasize its various forms. With this easy to handle glaze paint.
Many owners of private houses placed over fences gable roof, which copes with the function of decoration, protects the structure from the winter snow, rain - summer.
Fence from slab to roof
You can not only decorate the fence itself, but also the supporting pillars. Enough to paint and appearance will be different.
If you used metal supports, and is decorated with stone -Material overcame expensive, so emphasize personal style to the full.
How much is a fence of slab, the price for the work if hiring people to build a fence
If for any reason there is no possibility of self-built fence of slab, his order.
Prices for the work largely depend on what will be its height. On average, prices are as follows:
- height of 1.5 meters - 1000 rubles per square meter fences;
- height of 1.8 meters - 1.1 thousand rubles per square meter fences;
- height of 2 meters - 1300 rubles per square meter fences.
This price includes:
It should be understood that the rates for the "naked" fence. If you want to paint, lacquering, or add decorative elements, the starting price of 2 - 2.5 thousand rubles per square meter.
Based on these rates, it is easy to calculate how much the fence for specific territory.
Everyone who wants to build a fence of slab may look at first all the options that are popular with the owners of private houses.
Built with his own hands fences can be seen in the photo.
In the presence of the thread of the work skills of the tree is possible to obtain such a beautiful fence. All you need - add small pieces of wrought metal and cut out any shape of the slab.
Option is perfect for those whose land is booming. Using this option fences, you can achieve the effect of a fortress.
Despite his personal style, the fence is perfect for any interior, regardless of whether brick built house or the wood. However, it is better to use in the event that the territory has beautiful greenery.
Option refers to the classical style, although to achieve this type of extremely hard. It is necessary to carefully handle the material, install it, and then open the varnish or paint.
Variant of wooden "fence" can confidently say that if you have imagination, you can get a fence slabs of any design.
Forging in conjunction with carving on wood - nothing more is needed for such a fence with the effect of an old manor. You can sheathe fence other decorative elements, if desired.
Look for high-quality video on the Internet, where experts share secrets on the construction of the fence of slab difficult. But it failed.
This video does not reveal the secrets of the erection of the fence, but it allows us to understand the essence of how this is done.
A fence made of slabs with their hands
Fence from slab.
Nowadays still fashionable to have a country house, where you can find solitude in the hot summer months, where you can escape from the noise and polluted air of large cities. And one of the main requirements for the suburban areas is a reliable fence. If you want to get an eco-friendly, attractive and sturdy fence, then you should consider the option of fence slabs.
Some such a proposal may seem absurd, because the modern trends dictate fashion for the beautiful and stately hedges that are able to emphasize the unique style of a country manor. But despite the fact that the slab is, in fact, the production of waste, this material is attractive wood and it is possible to create a very original, and most importantly, secure fenced.
We use for the production of slabs fence
Slab, like chips and wood chips, is a departure in any sawmill. Therefore, the main advantage is the price. And in this case longer applicable concept is not "cheap" and "free". And if the sawmill is not the use of this material, it still does not mean that it is hopeless.
Slabs in bunches.
Perhaps the only drawback of such designs is necessary to treat each part of the fence. And then, the lack of this is not essential.
Installation Instructions provides for such work:
- Preparatory stage.
- Croaker. At this stage, you must first prepare the material, so the work should begin with debarking slabs.
Tip! If you want to fence construction from edging boards were durable, be sure to remove the crust. Otherwise, your fence will be struck by bark beetle, which will lead to the rapid destruction of it.
In order to remove the crust, use a carpenter's ax, adze and a flat, sharp-edged shovel.
Carpenter's adze - the main tool for removing bark.
Tip! To facilitate the work to be nailed to the horizontal end face of the cutting shovel handle about 150 mm in length.
Removing the bark can be quite time-consuming process, but there should not rush, take this step seriously.
- Pillars. For such a fence, you can use both metal and wooden supports. For these purposes, even in the pine as a suitable material.
- As a metal post best choice would be a pipe with a diameter of 76 mm, a wall thickness which is 3.5 mm. To mount the horizontal girders to such supports must be welded to the plate. On the same slab, which is cut as the runs can be used along.
- The best material for wooden poles is larch or oak. Thus the barrel diameter is 200 mm and the length of the support 2300 mm (500 mm is dug into the ground).
That part of a wooden post, which will be placed in the ground to be covered Kuzbass varnish or hot tar (as pictured below). Resin should be in several layers.
Poles coated resin.
- Marking the territory. This stage is very important, since it allows to determine the amount of material and that it determines the future strength of the fence. The smaller the distance between the supports, so, consequently, is more durable design.
The standard in this case is considered to be 2-2.5 meters. To save material, some handyman to increase the distance between supports of up to 3 meters, which is extremely undesirable, since substantially affect the strength and durability of your hedge.
In this case, proceed from the middle length strips so seldom step between the pillars such fences exceed 2 meters.
- Setting columns. Such a fence boards does not require laying a continuous footing, but necessarily concrete pillars, since the structure is massive enough.
- So, dig pits for markup.
Tip! In order to quickly dig pits for pillars use ice screws. He will make it much faster than a garden drill.
- Set in a pit support and give it a strictly vertical position. To do this, use a level.
- Securely fasten the wooden pole by means of spacers.
- Fill the hole with concrete.
- Do the above steps with all the pillars.
- Mounting plates.
You can mount a fence in two ways:
- Dies are installed horizontally. In this case, we do without the use of passes, nailing plates directly to the posts. Of course, the most convenient would be to mount a guard on a wooden support.
- Dies are installed vertically. In this case, you can avoid gaps or overlapping set. Do butt is undesirable, since such an option does not look very view of asperities material.
For such a fence is necessary installation of girders, which are stuffed and dies.
When installed vertically, the dice you can make the top edge ends flat or shaped. must fight off a straight line using a cord for a smooth edge.
Curly fences from croaker have excellent appearance.
- Painting a fence made of wood. This step is very important, because if the tree is not treated, then your fence will not be able to boast a special durability. If you want to preserve the natural color of the wood - the material can be treated with special protective structures that will significantly increase the service life of such a fence.
Paint for the fence can be prepared with their own hands, that will allow you to save considerably.
Ingredients "Swedish" paint.
Everything you need you can buy at any hardware hypermarket. Exceptions are red iron oxide and sulfate, which are sold on stroyrynka.
The recipe of preparation is very simple:
- Dilute the flour in a liter of water and preparing a paste on low heat.
- Without removing the paste from the heat, add salt and iron sulfate. Until thoroughly mixed until the crystals dissolve.
- Pour minium and mix.
- Add drying oil and stir until then, until you get completely homogenous mass.
- The finished paint is necessary to dilute 0.5 L of water, in order to achieve a paint thickness.
- The paint is ready. Now you can paint our fence.
After painting the fence of the slab is as follows.
- Laying herringbone planks, allow an overlap of at least 1.5 - 2 cm. If the boards are well dried, it is possible to reduce the overlap, but still better to be safe. For example, boards, width 18-20 cm can dry up to 1.5 cm, however, this measure is highly warranted.
- The optimum width of the boards to the fence -. Smaller 20-25 cm will look too densely, besides, it will be uneconomical. If you take a large - 30-50 cm, such a fence would look not very attractive. Such boards can also crack middle.
- By making the paint, you can substitute linseed oil sunflower oil.
- A great way to convert a fence - set above the small decorative gable roof.
- Despite the fact that this looks very massive fence, the depth of the pits under the pillars of 50 cm is enough to ensure the reliability and stability of the construction. However, if you want you can play it safe and to dig the support of 70 cm. In this case, your fence will not be afraid of any storms.
As you can see, despite the fact that many are skeptical of slabs and do not consider it as a high-grade material for fences, however, from it is possible to create a durable, beautiful and inexpensive fence. Such a fence - a great option for a wooden country house.
Despite its simplicity and a certain "nation" such fences sometimes shield the elite cottages, so if you know how to handle simple tools, feel free to get to work. Check out the video in this article to get more information about the construction of fences.