- 1 How to make a wooden fence: step by step instructions (3 photos)
- 2 Fence edging board. A fence made of boards with their own hands. Fences for cottages
- 3 Construction of houses
- 4 Related Articles
How to make a wooden fence: step by step instructions (3 photos)
In recent years, more and more often you can see not only new wooden houses, but also fences. The people are on the move deliberately: very much interesting products are obtained. They even agree to regularly touch up, and how many will stay, and will stay so. If you belong to the lovers of this wood, you can be useful photo reports about how people built a wooden fence with their hands. Used usually interesting solutions. It may not always be 100% correct, but it works.
Photos from 1: conventional fence boards (fence)
This fence set with the help of periodic - the employed, the volunteers, but most of the collected of the fence with their hands master. The board first treated and then delivered to the site ready for use.
This view of the site with the established pillars
The main work was done before winter - were dug augers, rent, fossa. Main see that the drill was nestochenym. Then the process is difficult, even on normal ground. We have so it was: the first day only drilled 6 wells and depressed: this is how much do everything else? Good neighbor suggested to replace the blade. With the new cutting part of the rest made of daylight. Drilled slightly below the depth of soil freezing. Freezes to 1.2 meters, depth of holes - 1.3 meters (reassurance "just in case"), the distance between the holes 3 m cord taut between the angular marks, marked up to 3 m plots (throwing board).. The result was exactly.
After the wells was poured on crushed stone bucket, inserted sleeve, folded in two layers of roofing material. This sleeve was inserted into the pillars 60 * 60 mm with a wall of 3 mm. These were pre-welded onto the bottom sections of reinforcement - to better kept, and even corner "sorokovke" a future fixture lag. Poles before installation rather long before it, sanded and coated with first antirzhavchinoy, then two coats of paint.
Poles installed in wells
The most important thing to expose the pillars right. We did it too with the help of a cord. Exposed corner posts strictly on the level. First one put that it was sticking by 1.8 meters, and then it was postponed by a laser level to the second, which stands on the same level. This operation was repeated with all the "steps". Braces and stops helped hold the key until the pillars, the concrete poured mark M 200. After the solution was grasped between the pulled filaments pillars - one above the tops of the pillars noted, the second middle height - guided by it at exhibiting other pillars.
After the poured concrete (a few days) all the pillars, started pouring cap. Portable formwork made of pine boards. Transposing it gradually filled basement. We do not bury deep - only removed the sod. The result was the pillars between which is filled with concrete strip.
Before installation shtaketin
The wood was dry, painted antiseptic composition that the color is slightly lightened. A light board. To set poles attached supporting bars - joists - section 50 * 100 mm. On the top of the bar deliberately allowed. First, apparently prefer, secondly, the ends of the boards with open pores reserved. This strip was fixed to the first predetermined level by the board and the auxiliary, which was set after three meters. Because it is attached, one by one board.
Start the installation of the fence
When installing the fence it is important to establish the first board vertically. Checking plumb line (a couple of times cheated level, so now everywhere, where important vertical, check the plumb line). Next business equipment. Mounted boards are not close, and with a gap of 1.2 cm to gap was maintained stably, the thickness of such board is found (lining) and cut off a piece of the same length as the fence - 1.8M work is as follows:.. And take finished shtaketinu lining strip. To have nailed putting a bunk, her prop shtaketinoy, align the top, then fasten the two screws to each lag. As a result, a gap is obtained the same. But this trick is possible, if the board has the ideal geometry.
Clearances are the same everywhere
Relative gap. Size (1.2 mm) proved to be ideal. If you look from the outside - you can not see anything, but from within Street well in sight.
View from the side portion
As for the advantages of a wooden fence: the neighbors who have fence of corrugated obzavidovalis: summer in my yard was cool, they - like an oven, under the fence burned all the flowers. We - a riot of colors until late autumn.
This view from the side
Photos from 2: horizontal fence edging board "checkerboard"
This fence is like a fairy tale. It is partly intended to independently holder portion. Hired workers digging holes, set poles. Metal work - cutting the tops of the pillars and brewing - the merit of another. The rest, including the processing and assembly of board fence sections made master hands and his wife (Paint).
Used unedged board 20 mm thick, flat polished faces at lisopilke (in agreement), wane filmed independently and then polished machine, then coated with an antiseptic "loofah" water-based color tick. Applied with a wide brush in two layers. Here are the results of labor.
Fence edging board
Used on pillars profiled metal tube of square cross section 60 * 60 mm, wall thickness 3 mm. In it the two sides attached edged boards 150 * 30 mm. Fastened at a distance of 10 cm from the top and then at 100 cm and 190 cm. Formed "sandwich of two boards, bored through, all bolts with self-centering washer.
How did the pillars
Poles total height of 3 m to 1 m are concreted into the ground. Exhibited on the cord, stretched between the preset control posts. The procedure is standard, unusual only that the tip (2 meters that remain above ground) to roll up the film. The decision proved to be correct: after the transportation and concreting film was dirty, and the wood beneath it - clean. Film is removed after the concrete has dried.
Pillars exhibited in the line and the first run of the assembled
The order of assembly is as follows:
- Choosing the first board with a flat lower edge.
- Measure the distance between the posts, saw off a piece from the board 1 cm shorter than the distance measured (normally to become).
- Coat with sawed-off end of the antiseptic.
- Install the first plank 5 cm above the ground, fix the clamps. The inside edge of each twirl two self-tapping screws (45 mm).
- Installing the vertical. We find the middle, insert the bar into the earth does not rest, hanging edge. Fix two screws mounted at the top of the board.
- Installation of a new bar. It should overlap even the biggest bottom lip. it also covers the screws that hold the bar high.
This sequence is stored to the top. So gradually dialed run. Please note that the former Wane have beveled edges, they all look "outside": that the raindrops rolled out.
Gradually, one after the other runs, develops fence
To get a flat top edge, they chose, cut, stained with antiseptic and fastened then - under the final, aligning all the tops in one line.
Photos from 3: wicker fence of wood
Another embodiment is configured substantially "solo". Wicker wooden fence with their hands raised almost without foreign participation. Sometimes assistants - to paint columns - working wife, a second assistant - dog.
The result of such a wooden fence))
For horizontal fence bent boards, which is also called braid, and sometimes - Austrian interlaced, the following materials were used:
- for pillars profiled tube 60 * 60 mm, 2.7 m installation step;
- edged, planed 100 * 20 mm and a length of 6 m;
- intermediate beams 50 * 50 mm, but it is better to take less - it is more convenient to bend;
The board decided to paint antiseptic with dark pigment, poles - light gray. From afar on a dark background stitches. Who does not like - paint to match the board.
Painted pillars, and the first three boards, braided between two extremes
Most of the time consuming painting and drying boards. If they are ready, everything is going quite quickly: mount a minimum, only the first is attached to the board level, the others are set on it. Six-meter boards, braided around the three pillars. The distance between the pillars of the order of 5.4 -5.5 m and the residue sticks, but the result looks original.
Fence-braid from the boards easier to collect no runs, and horizontal - for a few intertwining boards along the entire length
The main focus - to weave the first three boards. they are simply stacked without intermediate bars, two on one side on the edge, with one another. Then they need to be positioned so that they are one above the other. If there are two assistants - they keep the board in the next two columns, and a third person yoke boards and inserts the intermediate timber. After the first set of three boards, exposed on the lower level and is screwed to the posts (zasvelivaem hole and then screwed into screw).
What is near and under the angle
If you make wicker wooden fence made of boards with their hands in the assembly is more convenient not to put span and go horizontally. First braided the entire length of the bottom three boards, exposed level and secured. Then collected the other - as the paint dries.
This is the front view. Visible "tails", where the start and end of the board, but they do not spoil the picture, and add zest
A simpler option - only three pillars and shorter boards - is shown in the video. Here columns are made of wood, it is a technology of their installation. Good video - the whole installation process is clear.
In all three examples clearly seen two phases which, if a wooden fence to do with your hands, take a lot of time. First - installation of pillars and fill the foundation or base. The second - the work on preparation of wood. If the site is new, not habitable, there are problems with safety, and the painting process, and, moreover, grinding - long. It makes sense to buy the timber in advance and prepare, handle it in the studio or in the garage. When the time comes to put a wooden fence, ready to take the material to the site immediately before installation.
If all the materials are ready, a wooden fence with their hands, you can do fairly quickly. Yourself installation wood takes a very long time. Of the entire duration of the construction of 40% of the time is spent on preparing the boards, another 20% - on training posts if they are metallic and 10% - if the wood, even 20% of their installation (poles). Accordingly, the assembly has to do not so much time.
Fence edging board. A fence made of boards with their own hands. Fences for cottages
The farm is useful to all, including the use of wood residues. Croaker, or edging board - this is the best material to make a fence. The main difference of this material is that its edges are not sawn or partially sawn. But it is possible to use these boards as battens or roof sheathing, bearing structures, decks and so on, that is, where there is not any special requirements concerning appearance is.
Before you make a fence made of boards with their own hands, we must correctly select it. Before buying this building material, it is necessary to pay attention to some points. Primarily on the boards should be no knots, as they not only break the wood structure and spoil its appearance, but the effect on reducing the durability of the material. Unedged board is obtained from softwood, and can estimate the quality for several parameters:
- The surface material should be devoid of dents, cracks, chipping.
- Select slabs where no knots.
- The cross-section should be of regular shape.
Choosing material for a fence to suburban areas, many people use stone or corrugated board, but the most advantageous from an economic point of view, the solution would be the use of it is a tree. Fence of the unedged board afford each holder portion, thus from this material can create a very original enclosure. We have already mentioned about the main parameters of the choice of material. By the way, before attempting to install a fence, you should be sure to handle the material protective antiseptics - it will not only make the fence surface brighter and more beautiful, but also help protect against the effects of negative phenomena.
To make a fence, we need to buy unedged board and deliver it to the site. Furthermore boards need to stock a number of other materials, namely, a profile tube which will serve as supporting pillars: its cross section must be 40x60, and the length - not less than three meters. To count the number of metal workpieces, it is necessary to take into account the length of future fencing and land area. Before you start making a fence made of boards with their own hands, should perform all the measurements and plan the territory.
Supporting pillars need to dig into the ground, and the need to seal the preparatory airbag based on gravel and sand. The depth of immersion pillars should be calculated, depending on what the behavior of the ground in the winter, but the average depth instillation -. 0.8-1.2 m between supports need to leave a distance of about 2.5 m Fixing pillars performed using concrete solution. Moreover, these profiles can be coated with a composition that protects it from corrosion. By supporting pillars dug poles, attach horizontal logs, to which are attached the board. Their location depends solely on the wishes of each individual site owner. The main feature of edging board that can do a certain type of fencing, especially if supplemented with landscape design by using tracks from cuts wood.
The good fence lumber?
The cost of the fence - the determining factor that explains the popularity of this material among buyers. In this case, each design can give an interesting look, for example, with an image on it a picture or some other design course. The second advantage of this fence - easy to install, which is quite possible to perform independently. The only drawback, which is quite essential - is the need for additional treatment, because the tree is required to impregnate with antiseptics and periodically update the paint.
Unedged board, despite the fact that it appears as a waste product during the production of boards, - environmentally friendly material that can be used to create decorative fences, building walls in the barns and outbuildings to create crate. In this case, the installation of the fence on their technology can in no way yield to the construction of the house. So responsible owners even create a fence on the foundation that he was a reliable, strong and durable. The analogy of the two construction processes easy to follow:
- With the construction of houses and fences used strip footing.
- In both cases, the boards can be installed overlapping.
- Classified as a building material, it requires special care, namely impregnation. From what is necessary to protect the fence - water, sun, snow, bark beetles and rodents. And this applies as fences made of wood, and wooden walls.
- Both processes - and the construction of the cottage and fence installation - you can perform yourself.
In any case, the board requires a special impregnation against weathering, as well as bark beetles and decay. The upper edge of the fence, as the walls of the house, it is advisable to cover the roof or canopy. And the most important - and the walls of the house, and fences from edging boards can easily build their own hands, but how, to tell our guide.
Step One: filling of the foundation
Of course, not all do the fence edging board on the basis of the foundation, but if the fence is massive enough, it can not do without increasing the base. To create a fence enough nesting spot stationary or strip foundation. The first method is the most common and economical. Filling will be performed in several stages:
- First the layout: this portion are driven into the corners of the pegs, which are connected with a rope. So we will create a road marking line.
- Every two to three meters prepare well. Step depends on the amount and length of the boards to be used for creating a fence. The hole should be deep enough.
- The holes expose the ready channels.
- Fill the wells a mixture of gravel, sand and cement. Add water until you have a paste.
- We align columns and leave before the concrete pour.
Fences for dacha can be done in several ways. Unedged board can be mounted horizontally, vertically or overlapping. The easiest way - laying boards horizontally: on the beam fills the board or fix them with screws. Since the material is characterized by rough edges, to remove the gap, it is possible to close them with the same inner side planks. Vertical fence has a more complex structure: at the cross-board top and bottom of the material needed to fill.
Protection from pests - at the base of the foundations
Any fence boards must be treated as any natural material exposed to a variety of influences. To provide protection in several ways: painted, varnished or antiseptic composition. Ideally, however, this work should be done in advance. First, the board must be cleaned from bark, sanded and impregnate antiseptic or primer - this will protect the surface from the biological factors. In the second stage perform finishing, e.g., a varnish or a special ink stain for wood.
To fence edging the board had an aesthetic appearance and thus lasts longer, you can perform a number of activities. For example, to on the fence did not accumulate moisture, you can cover it with a makeshift roof. In addition, the fence can be given a decorative appearance, such as its decorated pots with colors or dyeing in its interesting composition.
Many reject the construction of traditional wooden fence, which gradually replaced the fence-fence comes. Thanks to this material the fence turns out perfectly smooth and attractive. In this case, the fence can be any height, shape, color, making the country section of the original and stylish. The distinctive features of shtaketnogo fence include:
- versatility - wooden fences fit harmoniously into the landscape, perfectly combined with brick, stone, concrete, metal;
- easy installation - installation of a fence can be executed independently without the participation of experts;
- easy care, which is only in dyeing and timely elimination of defects which can occur periodically;
- the possibility of landing near the fence flowerbeds.
Firstly, we need supporting columns made of metal pipes or massive timbers. Second, directly shtaketiny - rather narrow slats that are made from planed boards. Third, between the supporting pillars are arranged prozhiliny: materials we need a length of 2.5 m and a cross section of 40 mm. To make shtaketny fence boards, the material can be made by, or buy ready-made. In the first case we will have to work, and the second unit can be performed as early as the same day. The only danger - fence may be constructed from low-quality raw materials, due to which the fence structure may become distorted. If the material is needed to the drying, it is necessary to use special dryer for wood.
In order to make gates, picket fences, you need to stick to a particular technology.
- We determine the direction of the fence.
- Free the land under the fence of debris, weeds.
- We outline the lighthouses and using thread define the space under the poles.
- Between the posts leaving a distance of about three meters, or spans between supports can lead to sagging under the weight of shtaketin.
- We set the supporting pillars in the ground if you want to gain design - using cement-sand mortar.
- To mount the columns need to dig a pit depth of about 1.3 m. With gravel cushions are preventing extrusion of the support legs in the ground freezing.
- After installation, you can perform the installation of the columns prozhiliny, which are mounted between the posts, and to them are fixed boards.
- First shtaketinu fastened vertically while remaining aligned relative thereto by a T-shaped pattern.
To the fences for the cottages were beautiful, you can use various methods of decoration. Required processing, for example, via stain, lacquer or paint. To the compositions adhere well to the surface of the boards, you must first be clean of sandpaper. Stain will protect wood against microorganisms, mold and paint - from the humidity.
Despite the fact that the wooden construction is once again popular, it is not necessary to erect around their plot is fence edging board. There are many other options. For example, very popular for mounting fence evroshtaketnik that is created from galvanized steel and coated with a polymeric composition. This material is characterized by durability, reliability, durability, ease of installation and maintenance ruggedness. Installing a fence, can not be afraid, it will create the impression of a closed space, which will not be exposed to light. Thanks to the wide color palette, it is possible to create a harmonious landscaping.
To make such a fence, posts are required in the form of shaped pipes 60x60 section. Poles are hammered into the ground to a depth of 1.2 m, concreted, if loose soil. Thereafter, it welded cross-shaped tubes 40h20 and the welds are treated with primer and paint suitable for the color of the metal fence. Mount the gate and the gate, tucked under them the necessary accessories. So that the pipes do not accumulate water in the face of the pillars can be mounted plastic plugs. Evroshtaketnik is attached to the frame with screws treated, thus leaving a gap between the fence is quite small -. 2-4 cm To give the aesthetic appearance of the enclosure, it is possible to decorate the ridge lath.
Many owners choose economical fence edging board. Photo shows that it is possible to create an interesting guard structure, even from such a material. Any fence made of wood looks stylish and of course, at the same time make it possible to picket or edging boards in rustic style in the form of the fence or in the spirit of the American ranch.
Metal fences are also popular because they are more reliable and durable. But on the other hand, they also need to be further treated against corrosion and moisture. The most economical metal fence and the easiest in terms of the construction - it mesh netting. You can simply pull on metal poles or a frame, and you can create a separate section. A more complex design would be from corrugated grids, which represents the weave of curved wires. Such mesh fences harmoniously decorated using twine plant. Protections of metal will differ long lifetime, high strength, flame resistance, aesthetic appearance and easily erected structure.
More expensive in terms of material costs will be a fence of corrugated board. Ideally, you should use a material having a thickness of about 0.5 mm. Such flooring is not covered by dents and not lose appeal. It is best to use corrugated board, having bilateral polymer coating - this will prevent stains and corrosion. If you compare the price, the most effective solution would be the construction of a fence of metal mesh.
Innovation looks fence made of plastic. Due to the fact that modern technology is constantly evolving and improving, even this material has become safer, more efficient and better. To establish such a fence, the fence structure is strong and resistant to cracking. Such a fence is resistant to sunlight, extreme temperatures, high humidity.
The fence can be done independently, and from any material. It should take into account a number of rules:
- Supporting structure to be performed taking into account the weight of the fabric of the fence.
- At the heart of any fence should be based on the pillars, which are securely and tightly deepened and fixed in the ground.
- From what material will build a fence depends step supports.
- Before performing its installation are kindly requested to familiarize themselves with the technology of work.
DIY installation - it is very convenient and advantageous because you can control the flow of resources and save them.
Construction of houses
A fence in the garden or summer cottage - is the calling card of the house owners. And the original, beautiful and functional fence, the more impressive the whole suburban area, the house and the owners of these buildings. But, is bad build a fence made of brick or stone, by definition, the beautiful and rich-looking, if you have the desire and experience, almost impossible. Another thing, when as a building material used for the fence edging board - cheap and original construction and decoration material, can significantly save money and build a 100% unique, unique, decorative and very functional fence.
Unedged board: definition and types
What unedged board It is already clear from the word "neobreznaya9raquo; - This board, with untreated, uncircumcised, jagged edges with bark or lack thereof.
There are several types of edging boards:
- directly unedged: board with the raw, rough, original, edges covered with bark or without it.
- slab: Species unedged board, until recently, was considered only waste wood production, obtained when sawing a log and having a semi-circular form, on the one hand, the board covered with bark or its absence.
Unedged board: use
Unedged board - fairly cheap construction and finishing material. But, in any case - eco-friendly, because it is a real tree. Show imagination and ingenuity, you can save a lot of money, but to create a well made, beautiful structure.
For example, the unedged board is used not only as starting material or basis for a chip, but also for the interior and exterior of homes, baths, arbors,
as well as the construction of fences.
Fence edging boards: Types
Fence edging board, whether directly or slab edging board - it is still a wooden fence. Therefore, we can distinguish the following types of unedged board fence.
By way of foundation device fence unedged board is:
- fence boards with edging tape foundation;
- fence edging board with pier foundation.
In the method of combining the materials of the wooden fence unedged board might be:
- fence made of pure wood: as a main construction material acts unedged board or slab, which are fastened to wooden poles.
- fence made of wood and metal: as basic material for the fence protrude unedged board or slab, but poles - metal as the gate, which can be made of profiled sheet.
- fence made of wood and concrete / stone / brick: the main fence material - slab or edging board, but the poles, and often also part of the foundation (tape), made of stone or brick or decorated with them, as are not only functional but also decorative.
- fence made of wood and concrete / stone / brick with wrought elements: Again, the basic material - slabs, pillars and foundation - stone or brick, and additional decoration and increasing e height fences - forged patterns.
By way of the intake device, i.e. disposed thereon edging boards:
- fence edging the board vertical, wherein regardless of the selected pattern and pitch setting boards, they are all arranged vertically. Thus, installation options boards themselves may be quite different:
- horizontal fence edging board, where the slab or edging board is flat. Methods styling-board installation itself can be different, but no less winning than for vertical mounting board.
By appointment all fences from edging boards can be divided into:
- hoarding from edging boards or slabs installed for the duration of any work.
- functionality: often, this capital fences with the foundation device, and also prepared using purified from cortex, processed by special means, slab or edging boards. This fence will last a long time and to protect the house from prying eyes and intruders attacks.
- decorative: as basic material for such a fence can be used any kind of unedged board, possibly with the presence of bark. Such a fence is established using more columnar foundation and, unfortunately, the presence of bark on boards - short-lived. In the cortex, live insects that destroy wood. And remove them from the bark of using insecticides completely impossible.
Before proceeding to the construction of the fence edging boards need to know what the board is necessary for the good of the fence:
- unedged board should have a width of not less than 20 cm, to avoid chipping and splitting it when installing the fence.
- board thickness intake should be at least 2 cm, Again, for more durable and easy, convenient and durable mounting board itself, as well as to obtain a stronger fence.
- length unedged board or slab may be any, but preferably, the same, this is especially important in the construction of the horizontal fence unedged board that spans were identical and accurate.
- dry board intake - one of the most important criteria, because it is not dried croaker, firstly, not treated with protective agents and varnishes, and secondly, after the installation of the wet board, under the influence of the external environment, it can be split, unscrew, ie completely spoil the appearance and integrity of the fence.
Having defined the character edging board for the construction of the fence it, define laying pattern boards and make calculations, how many boards should be on the fence. To this number add another approximately 15-20% of the stock, in the case of a slab (for slab - a waste product, and therefore there is no condition to be), and 5-10% in the case of use it is edging board.
For greater durability and presentable fence should make stripping the bark, where they live and breed fungi and insects, as shown here
And what process the fence boards to tell the professionals:
stain-impregnation, lacquer or paint to help protect the front wooden fence against mold, mildew and fading for 8-10 years.
As for the frame device for the erection of the fence, the fence posts of the board can be anything: metal, concrete, stone, brick and wood.
Particular attention is required in the construction of the fence is wooden, with wooden pillars: the lower part of the wooden pole should be processed only impregnation, but also bitumen roofing material or covered with geotextile,
and use as a filling for concrete wooden pole is not highly desirable, t. To. can accelerate the destruction of the wood. It is better to use the rubble.
Fitting Algorithm pillars is: depth - not less than 1m, the distance between the pillars - not more than 2 - 2.5 m, the smaller, the stronger will be the fence.
How to make a fence slabs with their hands will tell the video:
A fence made of uncut video boards
The appearance and functionality of the fence edging boards:
Fences from edging boards photo
© Building portal StrPort 2011-2016. Articles about the repair, construction and building materials.
Copy information from the site is possible only with permission of the publisher or a direct reference to the source. legal rationale