- 1 Fences made of stone with their hands: the choice of material, manual
- 2 Fences made of stone with their hands
- 3 Fences made of stone - species, building with their own hands
Fences made of stone with their hands: the choice of material, manual
Fences made of stone, used by man since time immemorial. Currently, natural, natural materials, including stone, at the peak of popularity. A huge variety of natural stone often leads to confusion layman. Therefore important to choose and make the right choice of a particular type of stone suitable for the erection of the fence, conceived design.
The choice of materials (comparison chart)
- a fraction of 105-300 mm - 2500 rubles / m3;
- cobblestone for gabions -70-130 mm - 300 rubles / m3.
No less popular building material for stone walls is an artificial stone. Its cost is much less than the cost of natural, natural stone.
A fence made of limestone
Before the construction of a stone wall with their hands must be to determine the exact location of it, draw a diagram of the construction, foundation plan, and also to make rough calculations of the required volume of building materials.
If land and home ownership are in close proximity to its neighbors, it is necessary to seek written consent for the construction of their buildings. To avoid disputes and boundary disputes, should prepare and issue documents for the construction of technical inventory bureau. These activities will take the construction of the fence without complications and problems.
Preparatory stages of the construction of a fence made of natural stone can also be considered:
- land clearing debris of all kinds and layout (alignment);
- layout work of foundations in line with the schemes and drawings. marking Application (fence line, place the gate, gates) on the ground carried out using cords fastened to stakes;
- purchase of building materials - stone, sand, cement, reinforcement;
- purchase a necessary tool - welding machine, shovels, cooking tank mortar or small concrete mixer.
The next step for the construction of a stone wall arrangement of the foundation.
A fence made of sandstone
Digging trenches for the foundation is made in accordance with the generated markup. Given that the stone is quite heavy and sturdy construction material, the foundation should easily withstand the load properly, ensuring the reliability and durability of structures.
Fences are constructed of stone material exclusively on the belt foundation based on w / w of blocks or bricks. At the stage of the foundation of everything you need to adhere to the following requirements and regulations:
- prepared foundation width must be greater than the thickness of the fence by 15.0 cm deep trench is dug to 80.0 cm If the fence is erected to a height of 2 meters, the trench depth is increased to 10.0 cm per meter fence.;
- first thing performed sand airbag not less than 50.0 mm which is poured water and compacted;
- then produce a laying w / w units, using a solution of the additive and a connecting reinforcement from 30.0 to 40.0 mm in diameter;
- then mounted in a groove-reinforced skeleton around which the settling of formwork edging board, towering above the ground approximately 20,0-30,0 cm, and the whole structure is filled with a solution;
- dismantling formwork produced in a few weeks (3-4 weeks) after the final hardening of the cement;
- openings of doors and gates need to install the supporting pillars, so the load-bearing parts dig in and poured reinforced concrete solution.
A fence made of limestone
Since it is necessary to build at the same time all the pillars in order to accelerate the construction work. In building stone floating fencing widely used shape (formwork). For this it is necessary to produce the required number of screws sectional formwork boards and about 150 mm height. Internal parameters which correspond to the dimensions of the foundation. For one column requires 2 pieces of collapsible shuttering forms.
After fabrication of frameworks, should act according to the following algorithm:
- and mounted formwork is laid initial layer of stone. They are placed so that they are the most closely fit with the collapsible form and to each other;
- produce more dense solution filling all cracks and voids;
- then attached the following formwork screws and filled with stones and the solution is similar.
After a day or two of the grassroots demountable forms can be removed and begin construction of the subsequent layers. Void discovered after the dismantling of the formwork, you must fill out a solution immediately. In places where the lag should be mount to release metal corners, which are welded to the pipes.
Shaped pillars and structures must be protected from atmospheric precipitation. Impeccable embodiment is a device of plastic or metal caps.
A fence made of granite
Walling fences begins with the application on the base label. Spans stone fences have fulfilled posts on 100.0 mm, ie, the displacement of the walls inside by 50.0 mm on the outside and the inside. Along the edges of the wall with the help of level produce a symmetrical installation of stones. The optimum size of the stone walls for laying - up to 25.0 cm.
By stretched between thread sections are oriented in the subsequent masonry wall. For convenience of operation and structural strength stones recommended to lay flat side upwards, carefully filling cracks and voids between the cement-sand mortar.
The rows of masonry walls is strongly recommended to perform a ligation. For the top row of the passage of the stone fence is chosen the same size. Such selection allows the upper part of the fence build smooth.
A fence made of cobblestone
surface and grouting treatment is the final process for the construction of fences, natural and artificial stone.
Seams masonry embroider three ways: deep and shallow convex. A first embodiment enlarges the volume of the masonry.
- Scraper - a strip of metal (4 mm x 150 mm x 2.5 mm), the end of which is located a projection ( "tooth") measuring 10.0 mm by 20.0 m;
- flat groomers and brush with metal bristles;
- pieces of cloth and foam rubber.
Incrementally committing deep grouting looks like this:
- trimming stones and seams with a wire brush;
- creating scraper neat, rectangular recesses to 20.0 mm;
- cleaning seams and stones foam.
If you ignore the grouting, the visual appeal of the stone fence is much worse.
Home decoration natural stone - texture and color. Therefore, constructed from natural stone fences, self-contained and does not require the application of decorative parts to improve appearance. However, if desired, the top of the support pillars can be equipped with waterproof ornate designs - caps with peaks.
Often monumental stone fences decorate openwork forging, various lamps, and "live" decorative elements - creepers -lianami (grape, rose).
Fabrics deaf fence can be revived with the help of glass mosaic panels made of plastic bottles and used CDs. Using these or other decorative details depend on the preferences and wishes of the owners of land on which are built stone fences.
Fences made of stone have many positive qualities, but despite this, there are several drawbacks:
- erection of a fence made of stone - rather long, laborious construction procedure;
- for the construction of such facilities is required foundation;
- the high cost of some natural stone materials.
Building stone fences significantly more expensive than the barrier of wood or metal. Construction of the foundation, the cost of natural materials, transport costs, payment of possible additional workforce will require considerable investment funds. Reduce the financial costs can be due to the construction work on its own.
Currently, to receive master classes (video tutorials) on the construction of stone structures, including fences, is not difficult, it is enough to go to the "YouTube" and use the search engine to select the appropriate clip. EXAMPLE fence of limestone with deep sutures:
Below is a series of photos, which you can see the different versions of the fence made of stone:
"Mosaic" stone fence.
Stone wall of rubble can not be any mechanical, chemical and weather resistance.
An interesting embodiment of stone fence in the grid.
Fence made of stone, decorated forging.
Fences made of sandstone generally common and enjoy the same success.
Not less popular among homeowners are combined fences.
The video below shows how to correctly laid rubble stone. Explains the features of the angle bookmark.
Fences made of stone with their hands
To date, the designers use a variety of materials and combinations thereof, as well as for the construction of the fence technology. One of the strongest is a gem. It will last a long time and will reliably protect property from unauthorized intrusion. In most cases engaged in the erection of professional builders. But if you have time, you can build a fence made of stone with their hands. To do this you must take into account the advice of experts, as well as follow the provided in this article step by step instructions.
Features stone, and its basic types
Stone fence used for a long time. Even in ancient times people have used it to protect their homes. In modern construction and landscape design of natural materials are very popular. A wide variety of natural and artificial stone can lead you to confusion. It is important to choose the right kind of stone that will emphasize conceived style and direction.
Varieties of natural stones quite a lot. can distinguish among them some of the most popular:
- Cobblestone (boulders). It is quite common and affordable option. Despite its simplicity, it is one of the most durable stones. Basically cobblestone is gray, which is not to everyone's taste. But you can buy cobblestone red-brown color.
- Gravel. No less popular material. Thanks to the various factions can create a barrier of any shape. Many combine large and small gravel. The latter option is suitable for filling the iron frame. Often it is combined with a brick to make a strong fence.
- Dolomite stone. It has a flat shape, different sizes and thickness. It is obtained in the mountain quarries. Due to the high quality of a fence made of natural stone will not only be attractive but also durable.
- Limestone. This stone is divided into several types, namely - coquina, marble-like, of different kinds of. Due to its soft limestone it is very easy to process. That is why this option is selected, many newcomers who decided to experiment with his fence. The only disadvantage is the absorption of moisture. To prevent the destruction of limestone pretreated hydrophobizator.
- Sandstone. For many years, the sandstone used for the construction of fences on sections. Among the advantages we can distinguish high strength, frost resistance and moisture resistance.
- Booth. Extract it from the sandstone, limestone and dolomite. This stone has an irregular shape. The length of the rib may be 15 to 50 cm. It can be used not only for building but also for facing the fence.
No less popular in recent years is a variant of a fence made of artificial stone. Its cost will be several times less than natural stone. In most cases, for its production using concrete, into which is added the pigments. The resulting products are difficult to distinguish from natural stone.
Before making a choice, it is necessary to examine the state of groundwater, the neighborhood, as well as take into account the atmospheric influence.
Advantages and disadvantages of the fence made of stone
Before construction of the experts advise to get acquainted with all the positive sides of the fence made of natural stone. Main advantages:
- life is not less than half a century, and at the right quality and laying even greater;
- because the stone is a natural material, so - it is completely harmless and safe;
- a large range of prices that vary on the type of stone and its fractions;
- increased fire safety;
- easy installation (with all the work you can handle alone);
- harmoniously aesthetic properties of the stone will fit into any landscape;
- possibility of combining different materials.
Despite the presence of a large list of positives, fencing, made of stone, has several drawbacks:
- high price (prices for some of the material is very high);
- to ensure the strength of the assembly is required foundation.
If you do the work on the construction of a fence made of stone with their hands, you can significantly reduce costs.
There are a variety of fences made of stone, the following are some combination of stone and other materials:
- Wood and stone - is a unique combination thanks to which you can get a harmonious section of fencing. A complex process that requires special attention, as well as special skills and preliminary development.
- Stone on the grid. Among the latest design know-how gained great popularity gabions (from French means "stones in the grids"). The basis for the fence will become a thick mesh of metallic wire, which is filled with gravel shallow and middle fraction. In addition, you can use the remnants of building materials (bricks, gravel, stone). The shape of the fence can be any - it all depends on the planned design. The result is a high strength fence.
- Stone and brick. The most common combination of materials. At the foundation of the filled bricks spread several rows and columns to the base. In the resulting spans between the pillars laid stone. This combination allows you to create presentable fence. High strength, endurance, to sudden changes of temperature stability and precipitation makes it popular.
If you decide to make a fence gabions, you can, in addition to use live plants twine. This solution looks very original.
Stages of construction works
If you do not know how to make a fence made of stone with their hands, you can become familiar with the following technologies:
- Fill strip foundation. It should be noted that it may be performed in two basic ways: concrete, crushed stone and mortar. Sure, the technology with Booth, it will be easier, but this foundation is not very reliable. Therefore it is better to use concrete, which due to aging will be strong in a few months. The next stage is necessary only after complete drying of the base.
- Waterproofing. Particular attention is paid to the foundation waterproofing, which is carried out in 2 phases. First you need to perform before pouring the concrete by means of roofing material. They carpet the two walls and the bottom. The second step is performed after the complete drying of the foundation. The same roofing material is laid over the prepared area. Due to the waterproofing of the ground water does not get inside the structure and begins to destroy it.
- Masonry stone. The basic process is the laying of the stone. The main and quite time-consuming process - is the selection stones by size and shape. If necessary, cut the stones, but it will require much time and effort. The technology is completely dependent on the type of stone. For example, for the sandstone and processed kibble technology can be used brick masonry. When choosing a stone quarry should consider installing formwork technology. The first step is to bring the pillars that should be broader than the span.
- Treatment of joints. Once the fence is completely erected, you can proceed to the sealing of all joints. If you skip this important point, the appeal of the fence will be lost. For very deep joints, it is necessary to use an additional solution. With a large contaminated stones must be cleaned with a brush the excess metal. With some types of stones to be removed yet uncured solution.
Decorative finishing fence crushed granite
Sometimes it becomes necessary to change the appearance or design of the fence. Changing landscape, the presence of flaws or a large number of irregularities. In this case, perfect crushed granite, which can refresh the fence.
To perform the work necessary to put the facade primer. After complete drying it uses a special glue or cement mix to which is added a plasticizer. On the prepared surface tightly secured crushed granite. Do not forget about the grouting, and at the end rub the surface.
For decorative finishes, stone fence can use different combinations of flat materials and structural plaster.
Construction fence of any kind of stone - it is a time-consuming process. But the result will please everyone. Invested work, time and costs will be repaid received wonderful and original views, and a high fence. It will serve the owners for many years without losing its appeal.
Learn from the provided video about the features of the manufacture of a fence made of stone:
Below is a series of photos, which you can see the different versions of the fence made of stone:
Openwork fence made of stone
An interesting variant
With stone powder coated
Made of stone
With trim crushed granite
Made of artificial stone
Fences made of stone - species, building with their own hands
To reflect on the construction of the fence, the first thing to do - is to decide on the material. And if the main criteria are stability, durability and strength, the stone - the best option.
Fences made of stone have been known since ancient times.
These were real mighty walls that can withstand not only the onslaught of the weather, but also delay the enemy.
It is quite possible to build with their own hands. In addition, you get not only a protection against unwanted intrusion, but also a nice element of landscape design.
Benefits and varieties of stone fences
Why should you opt for this form of fencing?
Because of its advantages are as follows:
- service life is practically unlimited and will depend more on the quality of the solution, which is used for its construction than the stone;
- stone - a natural material, and therefore, it is eco-friendly and safe for others and nature;
- a wide range of prices, depending on the varieties of stone;
- It has an increased fire protection;
- install it under force even alone;
- its appearance is suitable for almost any style and will fit harmoniously into the surrounding landscape.
Fences made of stone can be classified.
There are kinds of natural stone used for the construction of the fence section:
- Is the most inexpensive one natural stone such as cobble or boulder stone. Though he and cheap, its strength is very high. Of course you can save significantly by collecting its own in the fields. But it will be a gloomy gray color, but there is no accounting for tastes. But it is better to choose the cobblestones of red-brown color. It has a rounded shape that will give the fence a certain roughness. If you want to have a smooth surface, the stone must be broken with a sledgehammer to get on the cleavage plane surface. Bearing in mind the safety measures. The cost of such material per 1 kg is approximately 4 RUB.
- Most materials are rarely used pebbles and gravel of various fractions. Usually also purchased reddish-brown color. They are used less frequently due to the fact that this fine material. More often than not to give such strength fence corners and base are made of brick. On the whole fence of brick and stone it looks interesting. The price is 10-15 rubles. per 1 kg.
- dolomite stone - flat, has a different size, shape and thickness are mined in quarries where blast rocks.
- Limestone has several varieties. This coquina, marble-like, of different kinds of. Price for 1 sq. m cladding is about 250 rubles. In addition it is a soft rock which is very easy to operate, but there is a drawback - absorbs moisture and breaks down in a cold and damp climate, so it is necessary to pre-treat the stone hydrophobizator.
- Sandstone is used for a long time, and it is also quite popular. It is strong, very tolerant of frost, humidity resistant. It can have a polished surface (generally not used in the country construction), Tessa. Also, it can be crushed material.
- Crushed stone has an irregular shape, edge length of from 15 to 50 cm. The obtained it from dolomite, sandstone and limestone. Used both for construction and for lining.
You can also choose whether it will be a wild stone or processed.
In recent years, the popularity began to get an artificial stone. It is cheaper natural, and in its essence - is ordinary concrete, which gives a natural material. Service life of about 50 years, the durability is slightly reduced with the fence arrangement in a low spot or near the road.
If you are not an expert, that distinguish this from the natural stone is almost impossible. On the commodity market, you can find an artificial stone of any color and texture (smooth, split, rough, rubble, etc.).
Widespread use has acquired a so-called French stone. It is produced using a special machine, the principle of which you can see in the video.
Thus, you can save significantly on the building material. The most popular form of this cinder block was in the Crimea and made competition Coquina.
How to make a stone fence with their hands?
If you decide to build a fence made of natural materials, you should know that this is a slow process that is time consuming and difficult.
Construction technology is as follows:
- conduct future layout of the fence;
- We are laying the foundation;
- erect fencing blade.
It would seem that everything is simple, but let's look at the above steps in more detail.
First step It does not depend on the material used and equally performed for all types of fencing section. First we make a preliminary drawing fence define a length, counting the number of necessary materials depending on the projected height. Also parallel to determine the level of elevation portion on all sides.
Building a fence made of stone device assumes a sufficiently solid foundation, a belt, a carcass of laying the reinforcement bars, with waterproofing. Then, after a few days make the formwork for the construction of supporting pillars. Its better to be made of boards, the size is the same as that of the column. Then set the formwork on the foundation, is attached to the raft foundation and perform masonry.
If you do cobblestone, try to pick up the stones of the same diameter (preferably 20-30 cm). The solution for fastening elements do as follows: mix the cement and sand (sieved, medium, clay without impurities) in a ratio of 1: 3. You can add a dye brown Beauty (4 tablespoons per 10 buckets). The mixture should not be liquid flow. As you work, you can adjust the shape of the stone with a hammer.
Put on the foundation solution, then set it stones flat side out, tightly fitting them to each other. All the void should be carefully repaired solution, avoiding contact with the front surface of the stone, as clear a frozen mixture is quite difficult, and this is done using a wire brush. The main thing do not apply in this case water, as there is a risk of penetration with the cement into the stone, which will lead to the loss of its natural color (it will be gray).
Having finished laying the first row, the second start only after day, since the solution must solidify. And until you complete range of fully, work can not be stopped. But if you still suspended, the need to constantly water the masonry so that it is not frozen.
Finished fabric construction fence stones and after cleaning can be done grouting, which will give the enclosure volume and attractiveness. This is done using a narrow spatula to a depth of about 1-1.5 cm.
Above the gate to beauty can be made arch. To work 100 m intake specialist should be about 40 days, a little faster - of dolomite, sandstone, limestone, as they are more easily treated. If you decide to do with your hands, it is better to call several assistants.
New on site
Seedlings develop and expand vegetative mass in a limited volume of substrate. And this volume.
Winter - an ordeal for pets. Especially hard it is transferred laying hens. Short.
New Year's vanity with gifts and drawing festive menu applies to home interior decoration.
Comfortable country house, built away from the gas supply networks is impossible without the stove. In the cold.
Illumination of the area suburban area is regarded as a separate stage arrangement planning zones.
Ordinary phrase of dog's life these days is only applicable to the homeless dogs. .
Acquiring land and making a plan of the future house, be sure to think about the placement.
The last 10 years on the vegetable growing and gardening seminars and forums is an active discussion.
It's hard nowadays to find someone who has not heard anything about the plates.
Looking at the bags of cement and a pile of sand, not every developer feels.