Aviary for parrots
One often keeps in his home pet or bird, for example, budgerigar, which bring the owner a lot of happy moments. But where to put Jaco? Indeed, in the bird cage will feel cramped and can not fly.
Place of residence for the feathered pet
After reviewing numerous photos on the Internet, the owner comes to the idea of building an enclosure for birds, especially since the worldwide web users are convinced that to build a cage for the parrot pet of the family, with his hands is a snap. But there are several issues that must be solved before the action. We need to think about what type of enclosure you want to create.
Aviary for budgies can be of two types:
It is understood that the first type of houses - this is a seasonal place where the parrot can frolic in the warm season. He must have a shelter to birds to hide from the weather. When the bird gets cold, it relocated to another, more warm home - indoor aviary. Store-bought house is easy to enter into the interior of the room, but it is much more interesting and cheaper to construct feathered its own unique house.
The construction has a number of positive properties:
- Bird gets the freedom, space and in outdoor enclosures - and even sunlight, fresh air, which naturally affects its condition, molting.
- Aviary is convenient for the owner: it is easier to remove a single cell, which, by the way, you can go than several small ones.
- The spacious home can see all the birds, you can immediately notice abnormalities in the behavior of any of the pack.
- It is convenient to carry out preventive course of vitamins, feed the birds.
- Just need a cage for parrots large: in a small cage to monitor the pet without psychological damage is virtually impossible for him.
It should be remembered and some minuses sealed enclosures:
- For large cells is necessary to allocate a large area on the site or in the room.
- In case of disease, all birds are at risk, so you have to carry out preventive treatment for flocks.
- It is difficult to trace the power of a separate parrot.
- Pets tame difficult in the aviary.
- If the owner wants to increase the number of birds need to build individual cells to breeding pair quietly withdrew chicks.
The issue of the construction of the enclosure
Raised the question of how to make the cage, well acquainted with the advice of experts:
- Enclosure should be spacious, to birds to fly freely there, but budgies small size to a large space feel uncomfortable and long accustomed to the new place. If the fence will close, the bird will touch the wings of the net. The best option for the next two pets - the height of the construction of about one meter, the length of more thirty - fifty centimeters, a width of about fifty centimeters.
- Materials for the production of a lot of cells: plywood, boards, wire mesh. Frame suitable for fine mesh of any alloy. Environmentally clean is galvanized or stainless steel, a middle-sized cells and twigs to three millimeters thick. You can buy a special grid for cells. Will need as fasteners, metal corners and tie.
- The construction of a better place in a bright corner of the room, otherwise it is necessary to arrange additional lighting.
- Parrot - a timid bird, he feels protected, if the two walls of the enclosure will be solid.
- You can arrange for the house parrots on the wall, but such a structure is difficult to fix.
- Taking advantage of those found in the literature framework schemes, having studied all the dimensions, you can start marking of workpieces. Next, the desired length of the bars is performed frame, the corners of which are fixed seating area.
- Prepared by Mesh plate. To blank twist, some of the time, they must lie under the yoke. Then mesh secured to the base. You should review all the sharp grid bars and grind them to a bird could not hurt. It is not recommended to open the grid varnish. Metal is treated with acetic or disinfectant solution.
- Mandatory element of the enclosure door is for the birds, and the gate through which people can enter to carry out periodic cleaning.
The last phase of construction of the cage for parrots with their arms around his equipment, namely:
- Attach multiple perches for birds, about a foot from the floor, making sure wood, because in nature parrots roost on the branches of trees, clasping their paws in the ring. In captivity, these conditions are to be stored.
- Parrots love to entertain themselves, swinging on the rings or swing.
- Inside the enclosure nice place sprawling branch of a tree, you can place the plants (edible for birds) in pots.
- The bottom of the structure can be covered with a cardboard, linoleum and even better, making it easier to clean. Not a bad option: make the bottom of plastic or wood containers.
- Feed the bird feeders better, on the walls of the bars easily attach Autodrinking.
Made and equipped with their own hands aviary will look better than purchased.
The principle of construction of the enclosure of the same street, only to its construction is necessary to approach more seriously:
- In order to prevent the entry of a mouse cage, you need a foundation and a low brick plinth, in which during laying at regular intervals established by metal supports. They then welded metal frame. Subsequently, the frame is fitted by two rows of metal mesh with a mesh of different diameters. This is done in order to protect pets against the encroachments of other birds.
- If you plan to keep the birds in the aviary street permanently, then you need capital insulated room lighting and the heating system.
- Street fence can be stretched around the tree that will bring to the natural conditions.
- When considering how to arrange outdoor enclosure, the owner must remember that budgies love to meet the dawn, so the front part of the structure should look on the sunny side.
- Garden aviary should have vestibule to delay the bird escaped from the cage. In this room, you can also store all kinds of equipment.
- The north side of the enclosure to perform well Plexiglas: the birds are protected from cold winds.
- And another small detail: garden aviary should be locked in the castle, because the parrot is very intelligent and observant bird: it always will try to open the latch on the door.
Construction of the cage for hens
You brought the poultry on the site? In this case, you in the near future need to do the construction of an enclosure for it. To this problem does not cause you problems, let's look at what the aviary, and how you can build your own.
What is an aviary, and what is it for
Aviary - is a special lightweight design, which ensures the safety of poultry during walking. It allows you to protect it from small rodents, which can not penetrate through its grid, predators and even other birds.
Also, stationary enclosure greatly simplifies the care of the domestic fowl, it prevents its penetration into the garden plots, as well as residential buildings, provides a simpler feeding birds and other care for her.
Modern enclosures may be a full-fledged independent structures and complement already available on the site of a henhouse. Depending on their function must be selected material from which they are constructed, as well as the type of construction itself.
In most cases, the cage structure is a wooden or metal frame covered with a mesh-netting. The shape of the frame can be square or rectangular. A more sophisticated version of it will have a roof (usually a gable roof, since it does not accumulate moisture), a foundation, a floor and vestibule. The latter is necessary to ensure that a person could easily go into a cage. The most complex species of the house, which replace ordinary chicken coop, but also have special perches and a device for feeding the birds.
Currently very popular among poultry farmers enjoy several types of enclosures:
- portable. This kind of lighter enclosure that is suitable for the hosts containing the bird only in the summer, or else working with a small number of chickens. In most cases, this easy design is a metal frame covered with a grid;
- mobile. This species is very similar to a portable type, but unlike it has special wheels or skids for transportation. As with the previous type, it can be used for some birds;
- stationary. This type allows you to keep a bird all year round. Usually, such type of the cage is equipped with a roof may have the floor. Such structures are also often specially insulated to bird could spend the winter there. Suitable for a large chicken populations.
If you are just starting to breed a bird, you can limit the portable enclosures. Everyone else is better to look to the stationary house.
Materials and tools
In order to create an enclosure with your hands, you will need several kinds of materials. Among them:
- Rabitz. It is best to buy this material in rolls;
- support. They can be made of metal or of wood.
- roofing material. Suitable for this purpose roofing material or slate.
- board for arranging the enclosure, as well as for the construction of the vestibule.
- fasteners, and metal corners for installation grid.
- heater for stationary house.
The amount of materials needed for the construction of the enclosure is determined depending on its size and type. This is the reason to buy everything you need to create this design, you can only after you have completed the construction design stage.
As for inventory, then this construction is enough to have at hand a hammer, a saw, planer, scissors, metal-cutting tools.
After you select the type of enclosure, you can go directly to its construction. Let's take a more detailed look at the stage of the erection of such a structure.
Initially, you need to determine exactly where the area is located aviary. It is recommended to install it in a quiet place on your site (the proximity of a noisy highway or road on which a large number of people, can negatively affect the health of your bird walks every day). It is desirable to select the east side. If it is easy to install portable of the house, then it should choose the land on which will be as much grass as possible.
Next you will need to design the structure of the enclosure, to determine its shape and size. Usually, missing two square meters of space for one adult chicken. ATs will have to calculate the yardage of the enclosure, depending on the amount of your bird. After that you will be able to determine the number of boards and the volume of the grid needed for the organization of such a construction. If you're working on a portable aviary, at this stage of the design can be completed.
If you set the aviary stationary type, then you need to design a vestibule (note that it is the easiest way to make boards), roof and floor need. Before working on fixed poultry house you also have to mark the site on which you will install it, clean out the grass and make a small earthen embankment.
For easier further work on the aviary charmingly make at least primitive drawings. They will be useful to you at all stages of the construction of the structure.
If you are working with a fixed structure, this step is necessary to begin with the construction of the foundation. It is not necessary to fill it from the concrete foundation of a regular board suitable for such an arrangement. After you install it, you will need to install from a prepared project it supports and then fasten them to the other frame of the board so as to obtain a frame of the future house.
When assembling this part of the structure is only recommended to use short nails. It should be remembered that long nails can further injure the bird or humans.
Next you will want to make sure that the design should firmly. You can then proceed to further work.
To complete this part of the work you will need to cut into the available measurements mesh-netting and secure it to the structure. This can be done both by the hooks, and with the help of the wire.
mounting space is also best to close the wooden frame that neither you nor your birds without hurting them in the further exploitation of the design.
During the mesh installation, observe the fact that it never sagged. Otherwise, the birds will be able to damage it.
After the completion of the construction of the house can be from within the usual process limestone, and outside the paint with oil paint. Choosing for exterior finishes the best material that does not contain lead. In stationary structures also can make the floor with the bulk of sawdust and establish further cages for poultry or roost.
Also, in a stationary enclosure it is recommended to install a few small fluorescent light bulbs. They can be used in the winter, because at this time the bird is usually not enough sun.
Before operating the enclosure you will need to double-check the quality of all fixtures and make sure that it was nowhere to be protruding nails or poorly treated pieces of wood. Otherwise your bird may suffer.
In order to maintain the enclosure for chickens in good condition and is enough from time to time in it to carry out a full wet cleaning. The owner of the aviary is necessary to ensure that it does not accumulate moisture. In addition, it is imperative that the floor in a cage was always clean, otherwise it can quickly begin to spread infection.
More rarely, about once every six months, the owner of the aviary is necessary to check the state of the cells as needed to repair the walls or fittings. In cold weather, a cage of necessity need to be warm.
If you constantly monitor the condition of the enclosure and maintain its purity, it can last you a decade. Otherwise you will have to rebuild this structure every 3-4 years.
More givers regarding the construction of the enclosure for the chickens, see video
As you can see, the aviary is indispensable for those owners who breed poultry. Fortunately, you can make your own hands. It's enough to find a suitable for your case design, to find all the necessary materials and assemble it on the existing scheme. So in just a few hours you will be able to build an aviary, which will be safer and more practical ready-analogues.
Nicer Dicer vegetable cutter cuts as quickly as possible! Make a salad and 2 minutes!
Many of us love the birds and would be happy to keep their homes as pets, but they can not stand the sight of a bird suffering in a cage. We all understand that no matter how good we are not cared for the bird, it is my whole life will be doomed to be in prison, is more reminiscent of a prison. But do not lose heart, for those who put the happiness of our little beyond their own convenience, there is a great alternative to a cage - an enclosure.
The aviary birds feel at ease, they fly and peck grains, enjoy light and actively proliferate. Enclosure can be built on the plot, on the balcony, or simply in the room, of course, if there is enough space.
Aviary in the room should be placed in a bright place, it would be best if one of the enclosure wall will go out the window. Aviary you can buy, but you can do it yourself. Various manufacturers offer a huge selection of pens, designed for all tastes and a purse.
Some are windows with clear glass on the front, some reminiscent of the old cabinet, which accidentally flew into a flock of exotic birds. If the material possibilities do not allow to buy a ready-made model, it is possible to try and make the aviary with their hands. To do this, in the corner of the room light should be reinforced wooden frames that must occupy the entire space of the room height.
On the frame is necessary to pull a metal grid with a mesh size corresponding to the diameter of the birds. Depending on the species of birds are recommended cell sizes: for Astrild - 1x1 cm, for finches - 1,5h1,5 cm for large bird species - see 2,2h2,5 should pay particular attention to the quality of the grid:. Must be in its coloring apply only harmless to humans and animals paint. Some prefer galvanized grid, in this case, you need to choose the one that was originally made of galvanized wire. From this grid birds will not be able to bite off a piece of zinc, and the rust it will not.
The frame of the future enclosure must be secured with screws or nails, sew the edges smoothly planed planks. It is also recommended to lay in the aviary of the second floor, which is necessary at the edges sheathe the metal plates. This is in order not to spoil the floor of the room, and avoid falling into the cage rodent. In a corner of the cage door must be done, which height should be about 1.5 m. If the inside of the enclosure is a window (which is highly desirable for animal health), it is necessary to tighten the net. To litter and debris from the enclosure does not contaminate the rest of the room, you need to make a frame around the perimeter fence of the plywood sheets height of about 0.5 meters from the floor. All the details frame should be properly adjusted, sharp ends of the wire mesh thoroughly cleaned, the birds can not injure themselves. In order to keep the birds feel "at home", put inside the cage those plants whose leaves are edible birds. It can be planted in pots shrubs berries: gooseberry, currant, juniper; sow oats, barley, wheat.
Your comments will help us to understand in which direction should be to develop the project further!
Adequacy Comments: 1329
One today is worth two tomorrow
Adequacy of comments: 852
Adequacy of comments: 1
The visitors who are in group Random strangers, can not leave comments on this publication.