- 1 Hyacinth at home (photo) - the important points and nuances of care for the flower. Let hyacinth blooms at home all year round!
- 1.1 Hyacinth - especially growing in the home
- 1.2 Hyacinth: at home - reproduction
- 1.3 Hyacinth: at home - the soil, the lighting and the creation of conditions for the flowering
- 1.4 Creating the necessary conditions for the flowering hyacinths
- 1.5 Hyacinth: at home - feeding and watering
- 1.6 Hyacinth: at home - why he killed
- 2 Hyacinth: photos, planting and care in the indoor environment, forcing bulbs
- 3 Flowers Hyacinths: planting and care
- 3.1 Preparation for planting bulbs of hyacinths
- 3.2 Flower planting dates hyacinths
- 3.3 Planting and growing hyacinth flowers
- 3.4 What to do after flowering hyacinth?
- 3.5 Reproduction hyacinth seeds
- 3.6 Diseases and pests of hyacinth flowers
Hyacinth at home (photo) - the important points and nuances of care for the flower. Let hyacinth blooms at home all year round!
Hyacinth - divine and bright flower of the Mediterranean, became a favorite and a real pride of many gardeners, and just people - lovers of beauty and all that is beautiful.
Hyacinth, which grows from a bulb garden perennial flower has a huge number of different varieties, different from many of their relatives variety of colors and easily due to its undemanding in care are grown in the windows of houses and apartments.
Hyacinth has a certain "shapochku9raquo ;, as sitting close to each other little flowers, perennial for a month and bringing the joy of his household, even in winter.
To this flower caught and zatsvol at home, you need to make a bit of effort, patience and know some of the features of its cultivation.
Hyacinth - especially growing in the home
• You need to select a bulb plants - strong, without any flaws and healthy, not less than 5 cm in diameter. It is from this seed will sense and the plant will grow strong with good peduncle.
• Before the planting bulbs in the soil is recommended to treat her special disinfectant solution.
• Next, you need to choose the right pot for planting bulbs, which should not be too deep, but wide. In the pot, or rather at the bottom drainage holes should be.
• The main feature of the process of growing, hyacinth, is to prepare the necessary ground for the growth and success of flowering of this plant. Moreover, the soil can be purchased in specialty stores, and prepare yourself.
• To prepare the soil with their own hands is necessary - mix turf, compost humus, ground sheet a little sand and peat in equal proportions.
• Also, to improve the growing conditions of the plants can be purchased in stores, special peat pots.
• In home conditions hyacinth can be grown not one in a pot, and from 2-3 plants. What bulbs must be planted in a pot from one another at a distance of 2-3 centimeters.
Hyacinth: at home - reproduction
Propagation occurs hyacinths and onion seed method.
In the autumn the seeds are planted in specially prepared for planting boxes that are filled with ground sheet, humus and sand in proportions of 1/2/1. The first years of the seeds are grown in greenhouses, unheated, well then in the open field. Young hyacinths begin to bloom for 5-6 years.
The most popular among gardeners hyacinths method of reproduction - a bulbous. The only drawback of this process is that the reproduction, or rather, children education is very long and slow. Grown chive for the year forms the kids from an average of 1 to 9 pieces. If the newly launched kids from the parent bulb separated easily, the doraschivat them separately from adult specimen. And the conditions that create for the care of the young plants do not differ from those provided for adults shoots.
If the bad kids are separated from the mother bulb, then they leave and are raising together with an adult specimen.
Decorative reproduction allows a short time to get a decent amount of planting material. Bulbs should be weighing 100 grams, healthy and strong.
There are two methods of reproduction decorative way:
• Method of notching stems.
• The method of cutting the stems.
Both methods injure the bulbs, to the extent that it dies with time. By multiplication by such methods growers begin at the end of the rest period. Bulbs selected carefully disinfected one percent solution of manganese. And then dried for two days at a temperature of 20-25 degrees.
When you cut the stems, It is its complete removal, and the rest of the bulbs remains intact. In order not to injure the core bulbs should be used for cutting the stems special device, such as for example - in which the spoon should be required diameter, sharp edges or use a knife, but with great accuracy.
After removal of the stems bulbs to be treated with fungicide to prevent possible spread of disease. After processing bulbs unfolded top downwards and placed on the pallet with sand and stored in this form at a temperature of 20 degrees.
At the end of several months in the sections there are small bulbs up to 40 pieces on the same plant.
Further adult bulbs with the children in the same form are planted in a pot, covered with soil so that the young bulbs are only slightly covered with soil. Then the bulbs are cleaned and hardened in a cold frame.
On arrival of spring kids - bulbils appear first shoots and mother bulb while gradually dies.
After the growing season bulbs are removed from the soil and continue to raise them, but separately.
incising stems, not as time-consuming process as the method described above, giving the children but fewer in number. But on quality - receive large bulbs and start to color within a few short years.
Collum sharp knife an incision to a depth of 0.5 cm. In larger specimens need to make two cuts at right corner to each other and a pair of obliquely. On the small bulbs can be satisfied with two cuts. Then the bulbs must be removed in a warm, dry place for 24 hours, for better disclosure of cuts.
After expansion incisions must be disinfected, and then planted to grow well, as described above.
Hyacinth: at home - the soil, the lighting and the creation of conditions for the flowering
The soil and the necessary lighting for the proper cultivation of hyacinth
Home Hyacinthe is necessary to create conditions that will remind him of his natural habitat. This applies particularly to the soil in which to grow, and bloom this magnificent flower.
The bottom of the pot must be paved with drainage layer, consisting for example of expanded clay. Above the drainage put a small layer of soil, and it has a thin layer of sand fill.
Continue straight on to the sand should be placed 1 onion or 2-3, as long as they do not touch the walls of the pot, and are separated by a certain distance.
Then, the bulbs need to push into the soil and sprinkle their remaining zemelku. And in order to bend the bulbs do not recommend them over lightly sprinkled with sand.
Important! The bulbs should protrude slightly from the tip of the ground and remain so in the air. The soil is also necessary as often as possible to loosen, but be very careful to avoid damaging the bulbs.
Hyacinth - heliophilous flower, in this regard, he needs the light of day, which is enough in the spring and summer. But in the winter and in the evening this flower is necessary to create additional artificial lighting lamps.
Hyacinth during the day should be rotated to different sides of the sun to its uniform growth and normal development.
If the plant does not get enough light, it may fade, lose leaves and buds.
Creating the necessary conditions for the flowering hyacinths
Time of flowering hyacinths, depending on the particular plant species. Therefore, if you know the time of flowering of each species can acquire a bright carpet of flowers all year round. But mostly months of this flower blooms range from January to the end of May.
Hyacinth can not tolerate drafts, cold or excessive heat, so it must be protected from such troubles.
To hyacinth magnificently and bloomed beautifully, it should be watered regularly and not allow the drying of the earth in a pot.
Also, for better flowering Hyacinth is necessary to ensure the feeding and watering of certain compositions with fertilizers.
Hyacinth: at home - feeding and watering
An important component of care for hyacinth in the home is the correct watering with knowledge of the case. It is important to water the plant frequently and abundantly, especially during flowering. But it is also necessary to ensure that water does not accumulate and stagnate in pots with flowers, as it can lead to fungal diseases. Therefore formed in pallets of excess water need to be drained in time, showing thus care for their pets.
Watering flower need so that no water gets on the buds, bulbs and leaves inside. In connection with what is expedient pour water into the tray or the edge of the pot.
Hyacinths need to feed at least 2-3 times a month. For better incentives to water hyacinth stems recommended nitrogen, phosphate fertilizers.
After each feeding, flowers should be watered in order to fertilizer has passed through all the layers of the soil.
After feeding and watering is important not to forget about loosening the soil, it must be done carefully to avoid damage to the vulnerable and fragile plants.
Hyacinth: at home - why he killed
Hyacinth can be lost for various reasons - illness, a variety of pests, it is typical of many plants, but it is often the main cause of his death is wrong and negligent care, created in the home.
What factors and reasons may die hyacinth:
• decay can begin due to excessive moisture in the soil hyacinth like flowers and bulbs.
• Hyacinth can affect this unpleasant disease as yellow bacterial rot. The disease manifests in the form of black spots, damaging the flower leaves and thickish mucus which infects the plant bulbs. All parts of diseased plants, and possibly the entire flower is destroyed. Pot is disinfected, and an infected earth is thrown.
• Also hyacinth can affect pests such as - aphids, mites root, stem nematode. In the fight against these dangerous pests using various chemicals directional. But to use these effective compounds is recommended before flowering, in order to avoid violation of the aesthetic beauty of the flower.
• The lack of watering or poor lighting often leads to yellowing of leaves and wilting of the plant itself.
• To hyacinth bulbs are not picked up any disease, they are best stored in bags made of paper, and to maintain the required humidity on top cover with a damp cloth.
• Digging bulbs brings great benefit to the plant so that this action makes it possible to view the available items and process them in order to avoid possible manifestations of disease in the hyacinth.
© 2012-2018 "Women's opinion." When copying materials - a reference to the source is obligatory!
Editor in chief of the portal Ekaterina Danilova
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact us at: +7 (965) 405 64 18
Hyacinth: photos, planting and care in the indoor environment, forcing bulbs
When the court of the winter cold and the ground is covered with snow, the room pink, white, blue, yellow, purple, scarlet colors decorate blooming hyacinths. This bulbous plant is fragrant in the home can bloom almost any time of year. To achieve its flowering, you need to know the rules of the forcing of bulbs and plant growth characteristics. Care is simple hyacinths, so many growers cultivate these flowers in their window sill.
Description and varieties of hyacinths with photos
The plant is a floral cob growing up to 30 cm in length. Dense bulb is made up of grass-roots leaves, that their bases are surrounded by basal plate of the bulb. Thick and heavily truncated part of the stem is an extension of the stems. Hyacinth flowers are bell-shaped, the edges of which are highly sharpened. After flowering, the stem and green leaves wither, and inside the bulb begins to form bud grows in onion. The young onion is initially compressed laid stalk with flowers that will bloom next year.
plant has about two thousand species, each in its own way beautiful. At home, it is best to grow hyacinth east.
Hyacinthus orientalis - the best grades
Perennial bulbous plant with sharokonusnymi or spherical bulbs grows up to 30 cm. From each bulb grows by 5-8 bright green matte or shiny leaves. Fragrant flowers in the axils of the bracts are sitting on short stalks. They can be bell-campanulate or funnel-shaped. Hyacinth blossoms oriental simple or double flowers of yellow, pink, blue, purple, blue or white. Cultivars differ in terms of flowering, size and color of inflorescences, at the height of the peduncle.
most popular for breeding indoors grades:
- Hyacinth Ostara grows up to 25-30 cm and has a loose inflorescence, whose length is 11-13 cm. For three weeks blooms bright violet-blue flowers diameter of 4 cm.
- Amethyst variety has pale purple dense inflorescence length of 9 cm. The height of the plants is 25 cm. Each consists of 18-20 inflorescence flowers. Blossoms Amethyst long - only seven or eight days.
- Rosalia hyacinth grows up to 20 cm, and blooms pink flowers. At its narrow inflorescence medium density are about 10-15 flowers with a diameter of 2 cm. Rozalija flowering period is very short.
- Sunflower variety has creamy strongly double flowers which grow at an average density in the inflorescence length of 10 cm. The diameter of each flower reaches 3.5 cm. The plant itself grows up to 19-20 cm. Flowering not more than two weeks.
- Hyacinth La Victoire is very popular among gardeners for its dense buds, flowering bright red flowers. Plant height - 20 cm.
After seeing photos of different types of hyacinths, you'll want to grow this flower at home.
Caring for hyacinth indoors
Caring for plants is not difficult, but you must follow some rules.
Hyacinth It refers to the light-loving plants. Therefore, to hyacinth flower in the home is beautiful and long-lasting bloomed, plants need good lighting. On cloudy days and in the evenings, especially in winter, flower need to further highlight the fluorescent lamps. Otherwise, the plant will throw the young buds and leaves, or even wither. To ensure uniform growth of the plant pot with the flower must be periodically rotate the different parties to the light source.
At home, you need Hyacinthe provide a temperature in the range 20-22S. Plant contraindicated drafts and abrupt temperature changes. This may lead to his death. In winter, it is not recommended to put a pot with a flower next to a radiator.
Dense inflorescence hyacinth flowers of gravity can bend. To avoid this, close to another unblown inflorescence is necessary to build support.
Literate watering - is the foundation of care for potted hyacinths. The plant requires timely watering. It is necessary to ensure that the land in the pot was always a little damp. This is especially important for plants during the winter, growth and flowering.
And should not be allowed stagnant water, because the bulbs can start to rot, a fungal disease will develop, and the plant will die. Therefore, water is discharged from the tray immediately after watering.
It is impossible that during the irrigation water gets into the sinuses of leaves and buds in the bulb. It can cause rotting of the plant and the development of fungal diseases. Pour water needed near the edge of the pot.
Twice a month hyacinths need to feed. It is recommended to use a special fertilizer for bulbous plants that are sold in specialty stores.
Planting hyacinths at home
Distillation hyacinths should begin with selecting the correct size of healthy planting material. The bulb should be a diameter of at least 5 cm. A complete plant from small bulbs grow almost impossible. Selected for planting the bulb must be solid and must not have mechanical injuries and decaying portions.
Before you put the onion in a pot, it must go through several stages:
- Withered and trimmed bulb is dug out of the pot, and placed in humid air with a temperature in the range 22-25 degrees.
- Two weeks later, the bulb should be moved into cooler conditions, where the temperature is between 15 and 17 degrees.
Now the bulb can be planted in a pot. To hyacinth flower bloomed for the New Year, the distillation should begin to do in September.
Capacity for planting can be purchased at the store. It should not be too deep. At the bottom of the pot must have holes.
At the bottom of the container lay drainage and then ground. Earth mixture for planting hyacinths should consist of compost, leaf and turf ground, with the addition of peat and sand.
The bulb is placed in a pot filled with earth, lightly pressed into the ground and sprinkle the ground. Her tip is to stay above the ground. If one container will be planted a few bulbs at once, they must be placed closely. However, it is impossible to planting material rocked each other and the edges of the container.
Hyacinths planted to a permanent place not directly exposed. First, they need to create a dormant period, which will last about two months. For this pot is placed in a cellar, another cool place or in a refrigerator at 5-7 ° C. Care bulbs at this time is a rare watering the soil, which must be kept moist.
During this period, the bulbs are well entrenched, and hyacinths will bloom in the home.
In a warm room the plant is transferred after the bulbs throw on a pair of leaves. Pot exhibit a bright place with temperatures no higher than 15 degrees.
For permanent hyacinths are placed only after the appearance of inflorescences.
Once a plant bud, many do not know what to do with it. To choose in this case, everyone should own. The plant can be simply thrown away or try to preserve and propagate.
If you decide to leave hyacinth bulbs, the first thing you need to cut the faded flower stalks. Further, while the leaves are still green, the plant must continue to water. Bulbs after flowering gain strength. At the same time they can grow onions subsidiaries.
Once on the plant will dry up and leaves, bulbs have to be removed from the pot, shake off her land and for three days to put out to dry. If there is a child onions, they are immediately after digging can be separated.
faded bulbs for re-distillation not usually suitable in the home. Therefore, they are planted in the fall in the garden, where the next spring they will delight their flowering.
Propagate Hyacinths subsidiaries bulbils, which may occur during the year no more than four. To home immediately get a large number of children, experienced growers are practicing special techniques. They make an incision or cut stems.
Such reproduction is performed after the rest period. First bulbs treated in 1% potassium permanganate solution and are dried at room temperature for three days. Only then can you start the breeding process.
This method of reproduction takes place in several stages:
- The basal plate makes an incision, the depth of which should be in the 0.5-0.6 cm. Such cuts can be made from two to four.
- Bulbs are placed in boxes incisions up and stored 2-3 months at a temperature of + 21C. During this time, should be formed from 8 to 15 large and strong kids.
- Now bulb with children need to land in a cool greenhouse.
- After the young bulbs are older, they will need to sit for growing. You need to take care of them as well as for older plants.
About two - three years the plant will throw their first flower stalks.
This method of reproduction is different from the previous one only by the fact that the stems are not incised and excised. This is done with the help of a teaspoon. Processing and storage is carried out in the same way. However, the subsidiaries bulblets, though small, is obtained from 20 to 40 pieces. Onions ripen such a little longer - in 3-4 years.
To beautiful flower hyacinth has become a great addition to your decor and you could admire his flowering, you need to choose for him a suitable place, and arrange proper care. With a little patience and a strong desire, you can even reproduce themselves and grow hyacinths in the home.
Flowers Hyacinths: planting and care
Growing at home indoor plants, you need to know all the nuances of each flower, to get a beautiful flower-filled garden on your windowsill. It is especially important to know when growing hyacinth. This is a very beautiful plant that can give your house a new paint. Care at home for the hyacinth has certain nuances, which will tell in this article.
Hyacinth - flower room, which is a bulbous perennial. It belongs to the family of Asparagus. Earlier this flower belongs to the family Hyacinth or just included in the lily family. His name plant received thanks to the ancient Greek myth about a young man Hyacinth, who was the son of the king of Sparta. Hyacinth is translated as "Flower Rain" from the Greek language.
Recent articles about the garden and the garden
This flower is the earliest of spring indoor plants. It is considered the birthplace of North Africa, the Middle East and the Mediterranean. In this case the main "Hyacinth center" of the world is considered to be the Netherlands, which has done much to popularize this flower in the world. It was the largest number of varieties of hyacinths, which then began to grow as houseplants here was derived.
All possible hyacinths can be divided into three main types, which grow mainly in the Mediterranean countries. Although botanists continue to argue about some species, wanting to label them as independent, but according to official data release only the following main types of hyacinths:
Hyacinth east (Hyacinthus orientalis) - the best known and most common species. It is from this kind of place most famous decorative variety. In the wild it grows in Dalmatia, Greece and Asia Minor. Peduncle of a plant thin, rare flowers are located. The flowers have a different color and a pleasant aroma.
Hyacinth Litvinova - a perennial herb that is cultivated more like an annual. In the wild, it occurs in the eastern regions of Iran and Turkmenistan. Among this species are found both high and low-growing specimens. Flower extraordinarily beautiful. Dominated by blue, purple and greenish colors. The leaves are slightly wider than the hyacinth east.
Hyacinth Transcaspian - has sufficiently high stems, usually two peduncle. Color of flowers is always light blue. In the wild, it occurs in the mountains of Kopet Dagh.
Preparation for planting bulbs of hyacinths
Preparation hyacinth bulbs begins in the summer, at a time when you decide that you will grow hyacinth in a pot (care at home - hereinafter). Once pozhuhnet foliage planting dig, rinsed in warm water and dry in a draft in a shady place, and then storing it in a cool and dry basement or cellar. Experienced growers know a secret. As soon as the spring on a bed of hyacinths flower stalks appear, they take notice very large and powerful, but they do not dissolve and give the cut. This allows the plant to put all the power in the development of bulbs that successfully then it is possible to drive in the winter.
Flower planting dates hyacinths
drop-off deadlines bulbs in the ground directly depend on exactly when you want to get on his window blooming hyacinths. Care and cultivation in the home in the future are simple enough, it is important to get it right at the initial stage. in the early period of cooling time for distillation is 10-13 weeks for late varieties increases up to 12-16. I start date set in the following way. Determine the day when you need to get a flower and reverse subtract the number of installed weeks, plus another 3-4 - for the growth of the early and late varieties respectively. In order to strengthen the immune system, the bulb must be placed for 30 minutes in a solution of potassium permanganate or "Hom" preparation (concentration - 4 g per 1 liter of water) before planting.
Recent articles about the garden and the garden
Planting and growing hyacinth flowers
At home, the hyacinths grown as follows:
Thrown preselected bulbs, checking them for damage.
Bleed large bulbs (diameter of more than 5cm) from which it is easier to grow chic flower and treated with special solution.
The pot should be wider than the bulb and shallow with large holes for drainage.
The soil is better to buy or mix equal parts of ground leaves, compost, humus and pour sand and peat.
Every two years, you need to plant flowers in the garden in the open ground to recover.
Flowering plant carry the room where plenty of light and air temperature, not higher than 20 degrees and there is no draft.
Flowering plants can be timed to specific holidays: If the bulbs planted in October - the plant will bloom for the New Year, if in November - you can give a flower to his girlfriend on Valentine's Day, and if in December - you can expect flowering to March 8th.
After the flowering period cut the flower stalks and continue to water and fertilize to complete drying to the bulb was large and with the children.
Hyacinths - the culture, demanding to leave. The soil around the planting should be kept in a clean state, several times during the season to loosen it in the dry season be sure to water (water should wet earthen room to a depth of 15-20 cm). During the growing season plants should be 2-3 times to feed. An important preventive measure is to remove a portion of diseased plants (culling is performed 2-3 times). Stems should be cut with a sharp knife; if the inflorescence is not cut off, at the end of flowering is necessary to tear off the flowers, leaving the stems.
Fertilizers can be applied in dry form or dissolved in water. In the latter case, the fertilizer take somewhat less, and the soil before fertilizing a good moisturizer. The first feeding should be given at the beginning of plant growth (20-25 g of ammonium nitrate and 15-20 g of superphosphate at planting square meter). 2nd - during budding (30-35 g 15-20 g of superphosphate and potassium sulfate). 3rd - after flowering (30-35 g 30-35 g of superphosphate and potassium sulfate). Hyacinths can microfertilizers feed (to make them in the same amounts as for tulips). After applying fertilizers soil loose, closing up fertilizers hoe.
What to do after flowering hyacinth?
As with all flowering plants, hyacinth fades with time. What to do with hyacinth after flowering in the home? To save his life, it is necessary to cut off the flower stalks and not to stop water and fertilize the plant until all the leaves wilt. At this time the mother bulb is restored and may form subsidiaries bulbs.
Recent articles about the garden and the garden
Then you need to remove the hyacinth from the ground, remove wilted leaves and 2-3 days to put the bulb to dry. If, after digging the bulbs kids are already well developed, it is possible to separate them. If they do not detach, it is better not to touch them until next year. Since it is desirable not faded bulbs used for re-distillation, they are transplanted to the garden area. Planting is carried out in the fall, and next year they are encouraging owners flowers in the flowerbed.
Hyacinths reproduce in several ways. Dilute these beautiful flowers you can use the seeds and vegetatively.
Reproduction hyacinth seeds
This method is used very rarely. It is most commonly used by breeders to breed new varieties of hyacinths. For the home is growing hyacinths this method is not suitable, as have a very long wait for the first flowering. This will happen not earlier than in 5-7 years. If you still decide to try to grow hyacinth in this way, it is necessary to sow the seeds in October into the prepared soil. Then, within 2 years the plants germinate in a closed greenhouse.
This method is the most common and effective. We can distinguish natural breeding and artificial propagation bulbs. Let's take a closer look at each of these methods.
- Natural breeding bulbs. This hyacinth breeding method is relatively slow. Depending on the varieties grown onion for 1-3 years can form small, rarely more. After a full flowering inflorescences and drying of leaves, dug up the bulbs. This occurs around June, before it is not necessary to dig. During this time, adult bulb will get stronger and grow. Kids who are separated freely, planted separately. Bulbs that are still firmly hold on to the motherboard, do not touch, and the next year are planted with mature bulbs.
- Artificial reproduction bulbs. That Dutch breeders began to stimulate the emergence of small bulblets. In doing so, they have helped mice which nibbled adult bulbs. Then out of it pretty quickly show the kids. Since then, many breeders and growers apply artificial methods, such as cutting and incising stems, propagation hyacinths. Of course, after using this method grown onion begins to rot and eventually dies. cutting method stems - on healthy bulb wedge cut basal plate with kidney and placed an onion under the film. scoring method stems - on healthy bulb makes an incision, then the bulb is also placed for several months under the film for germination.
Recent articles about the garden and the garden
Diseases and pests of hyacinth flowers
The first step to the disease hyacinth can be bad landing material. Carefully culled onions, cruelly parted with diseased and damaged.
A characteristic disease of adult plants is considered to be yellow bacterial rot. It strikes bulb plants, turning them into a shapeless cloth mucus quite specific smell. rotting process does not stop, so all infected bulbs should be disposed.
If there is a loss of inflorescences of rosettes of leaves, then you have filled flower. Excessive moisture provokes increase the root pressure, inflorescence weakens and collapses.
To avoid such troubles as stunting, distortion of leaves and peduncle, one must necessarily be etched, and the soil and bulbs before planting.
Flower yellowed leaves signal a small amount of moisture, and light. Put the plant in a lighted area and restore normal watering.