- 1 Forms for concrete primers on the composition and quality of the base
- 2 Primers, deep penetration Concrete: types, manufacturers, specifications and reviews
- 3 Primers, deep penetration for concrete: overview, characteristics, choice
Forms for concrete primers on the composition and quality of the base
The primer for concrete - a material indispensable for finishing concrete surfaces. The primer serves many important tasks, if ignored, will not allow to perform the work at a high quality level.
Products made of standard concrete are prone to gradual destruction and are influenced by environmental factors. Primer largely able to prevent or slow the effect of the external environment.
Opportunities composition of the soil:
- The primer coating provides uniformity since penetrates all, even minor, pores. On the primed surface is easier to apply the following finishing materials, including filler, varnish, paint, wallpaper, linoleum, etc.
- Thanks to the primer, provided the normal level of adhesion (adhesion) between materials.
- The primer for concrete makes stronger the surface layer material. This does not mean that without it necessarily will fall off concrete pieces. However, even if the concrete will begin to crumble, it will lead to peeling of finishing materials.
- The soil protects concrete surfaces from the adverse environmental factors, including humidity, wind, chemicals, mold and fungus.
- The primer composition allows to save on the consumption of material applied in a subsequent (glue, varnish, paint, etc.). The reason for saving that primer filling all pores and cracks.
- Concrete Primer not only prevents excessive moisture concrete, acting as waterproofing, but also protects the material from excessive dryness.
Thus, the finishing work is required to use a primer. Without priming is impossible to provide an adequate quality of repair.
Classification of primer composition
Below are the characteristics common types of lot formulations:
- Polystyrene primer. These compounds are rarely used in everyday life. The fact that such soils include toxic solvents. Applied polymer compositions in the premises for production purposes or for facades. Also, polystyrene basis is needed for some specific types of paints. Typically, polystyrene primer is applied to the plaster - for tiling or painting.
- The most common type of primer is based on an acrylic component. The advantages of acrylic compounds include the lack of a sharp odor, compatibility with any type of finishing materials, as well as excellent absorbency. Usually within 3-4 hours after treatment, the concrete can start finishing work. Environmentally friendly acrylic allows the use of such primers for any premises, including the children's rooms. However, to apply the acrylic exterior walls is undesirable, as it dries too quickly.
- PVA composition of the soil used for the quick finish of the room. Dry them in half an hour. After that, to improve the adhesion surface to be processed with white glue.
- Epoxy primers are based on the resin. Most often used when working with Polymer Flooring. Can significantly increase the wear resistance of the material.
- Demand and alkyd primers. They are applied to concrete surface before painting. Alkyds penetrate into the pores of the concrete and protect from moisture. surface drying time is approximately 12-15 hours.
classification of primers
For processing aerated soils are considered the best one with polymer contents. Primers for aerated concrete can not only protect the material from moisture, but also to strengthen the structure.
Classification primers on quality grounds
Priming compositions are also proceeding to distinguish from the base characteristics, namely its porosity and level of friability. According to this indicator, the primer can fall into one of three groups:
The operating principle of the primer
- Primers, deep penetration for concrete with high porosity. And then, in that concrete is not just a lot, they are also profound. Important Note: The surface should not be too loose. Deep penetration compositions can penetrate approximately 5-7 millimeters deep into the concrete. Such compositions are distinguished by higher adhesive capacity, which is particularly important in the presence of deep pores. Good adhesion is achieved due to latex particles which interlock with each other with the concrete surface finishing material.
- Impregnating primers used to optimally protect old friable concrete (e.g., for reconstruction). Also relevant for highly impregnation surfaces. The impregnating composition contains the specific binding member that binds all the small particles of material. The most expensive types of surface treatments can strengthen the walls and tie, once considered IRREPARABLY. With respect to the impregnations of the principle: the greater it is applied, the stronger will be the concrete structure.
- Adhesion primer designed to create a special invisible film, which will provide a better grip of dissimilar materials. Particularly relevant for the adhesive compositions are very smooth concrete surfaces which were previously painted or treated filler. It can also be applied adhesion primer composition prior to plastering, if the plaster layer will not be too thick.
Note! Depending on the coating state, its porosity and roughness, the flow rate composition of the soil may vary between 200 and 300 grams per 1m2.
Below are the guidelines for choosing a primer:
- Regardless of the type of primer is recommended to choose the composition with antiseptic properties. This will avoid zaplesneveniya concrete. If the room is operated under conditions of high humidity, it is necessary to choose a primer with a high concentration of antiseptic.
- When buying ground must take into account the place of use - outside or inside. recommended front primer composition for external walls. Its advantage - it is not too dries quickly, which is important for the conditions of the street. For interior walls, you can use any kind of soil.
- It is necessary to take into account the characteristics of the fabric. Manufacturing companies offer different types of soil, for specific types of materials. The formulations differ in consistency and ingredients.
- It is better to buy a primer for expensive brand than even cheaper, but a little-known product.
- Primer for concrete floors or walls may well be fake. Attention should be paid to protection against counterfeiting, as well as at the date of manufacture of the goods. Expired or adulterated composition does not allow for quality work.
This article has all the necessary information with which to make a decision about what to buy a primer for concrete. Correctly picked up structure of concrete provide reliable protection against environmental factors, as well as enable to produce high quality finishing.
Offer from Guru paints
I have a concrete ceiling, whether, after conventional primer paint white primer as the finish?
Primers, deep penetration Concrete: types, manufacturers, specifications and reviews
Internal and external finishes of walls - one of the most important stages of repair of the house. Of course, to make this operation should be correct. Guarantee of quality finishing layer is to use a primer. Types of material, there are several. For different surfaces used in composition unequal mixtures thereof. In this article, all the details of the deal with what are deep penetrating primer for concrete.
All primer available on the market today, are classified on the primer and means of deep penetration. Also found in commercially species is a mixture of glue and quartz sand. It is called concrete-contact.
Priming paints used for various kinds of smooth, dense smooth surfaces for lacquers and paints. Funds with quartz sand gives a rough surface and are generally used for decorative plaster.
For porous, well fluid absorbent surface, deep penetration is applied primer. Concrete-contact and a primer simply create on the walls and floors of a solid film with specific properties. Deep penetration into the material means seep through the pores. Made coats of this species is most often based on acrylic resins.
Deep penetrating primer used like any other, mainly to enhance the adhesive qualities promazyvat surface. Also, these tools allow you to:
Evenly distributed finishing.
To reduce the consumption of the final fabric.
Secure trim material from the mold or mildew.
Eliminate minor surface variations and defects.
Features primers deep penetration
Fall means this variety deep machined surfaces primarily due to the fact that used for the manufacture of the filler has a very fine grain. Its dimensions are ten times smaller than that of any other types of primers.
It is due to the ability of the proceeds of this type penetrate into the concrete and reduces the consumption of finishing material. Without primer paint and varnish will fall into the pores, resulting in the need to apply several layers. When finishing as good moisture absorbing wall surface is not obtained primer good adhesion. As a result, the finishing layer begins to lag. This is especially true when using wallpaper over putty or plaster. Apply the first coat of deep penetration into concrete or brick, in this case it is necessary. Otherwise, in the future, if necessary, replace the wallpaper plaster will simply move away chunks.
Made deep penetration primer for concrete, as already mentioned, on the basis of acrylic. Also in their composition often includes latex. These advantages, in addition to improving the adhesive properties of the treated surface and reduce the consumption of materials, include:
the complete absence of any odor,
not too expensive.
These characteristics distinguish any primer deep penetration. Which is better suited for concrete grade shall understand below.
Available in acrylic deep penetration agents that are perfect for handling any porous surfaces by many manufacturers. Very popular with the local owners of apartments and houses is, for example, deep penetrating primer for concrete "Tserezit9raquo; In this particular success enjoyed its modification ST 17. Available this means a large international company "Henkel9raquo; in two versions: a summer and frost. You can use it not only for concrete walls, but also for leveling screed floors, including heating, facades, and so on. D.
It is also very popular among domestic consumers enjoy means "Optimist9raquo ;. The best reviews when it received acrylic primer deep penetration for concrete G101-107. It is intended mainly just for cement surfaces. However, you can use it for processing of other materials: bricks, plasterboard, wood. This primer differs antiseptic properties and being deposited on the surface, well strengthens the upper layers.
What specifications different primer deep penetration "Tserezit9raquo; modification PT 17 can be seen in the table below.
Acrylic copolymer aqueous dispersion
The final color of the film
The depth of penetration into the concrete
More than 0.5 mm M300
As you can see, this is a very good primer deep penetration for concrete. Its consumption is 0.1-0.2 l / m2.
Opinion among Russian consumers of this primer has developed very well. It is produced in the concentrate and prior to application to a wall or floor, it should simply be diluted with water. The proportions indicated on the package. Under tiles and clean concentrate can be used on concrete. After drying, this agent gives a yellowish film. However, judging by the reviews, even through thin wallpaper that color does not emerges. In this case, in comparison with many other means primer "Tserezit9raquo; much deeper into the concrete and gives a smoother rough surface. Adhesive properties it simply wonderful. It can be used for wallpaper, plaster panels. However, due to the fact that it gives a very strong film, most often it is used in the treatment of concrete surfaces under tile or kermogranit.
Some disadvantages of Ceresit CT 17 priming include the fact that she was a little corroded by hand during operation. Therefore, to put it on the walls is best to wear rubber gloves.
Technical characteristics of the funds' Optimist9raquo;
What properties differ Deep penetration primer for concrete of this brand can be found in the table below.
Permissible temperature of use
The depth of penetration into the concrete
soaking time in the surface
Year from date of manufacture
As you can see, means "optimist", judging by his performance, it can also be considered a very high quality. However, when you purchase be sure to look at the year of manufacture.
The advantages of this brand means domestic owners of apartments and houses include primarily the ease of use and easy absorption. It is also noted as a positive fact that the primer dries very quickly. It can be immediately applied in two layers, with little or no interruption. Some lack "Optimist9raquo primer; the majority of consumers are considered too strong pungent smell. But it gives the film a very strong, slightly glossy.
Primers, deep penetration for concrete: price
The advantages of the tools discussed above marks, among other things, carry and inexpensive. For desyatilitrovuyu canister "Optimist9raquo; G103, for example, have to pay about 300 rubles. G107 for the primer of the same brand - about 400 rubles.
Tool mark "Tserezit9raquo; It costs a little more. Price per canister CT 17 primer is around 550-650 rubles.
Primers, deep penetration for concrete lead to the finishing is very high quality and significantly prolong its life. Brands funds of this type at the present market, there are many. "Tserezit9raquo; and "Optimist9raquo; They are the most popular. But of course, any other means can be selected as desired. The main thing that it was issued by the manufacturer with a good reputation.
Primers, deep penetration for concrete: overview, characteristics, choice
In modern construction concrete is the most common material. Thanks to innovative technology produces various types of concrete, which are suitable for outdoor use and for internal. In this case, the surface in need of further treatment. It uses deep penetrating primer for concrete that are designed to perform a variety of functions.
When carrying out any kind of repair work is required priming step, without which it can not do. What kind of primer suitable solved in each case, taking into account the characteristics of the workpiece.
Concrete today is a versatile building material, the popularity of which is very large. Due to the characteristics of the material and construction technology objects can implement the most diverse and daring ideas and design tweaks.
The main feature of concrete - an affordable price, which is low in comparison with other building materials. It should be noted that the concrete is safe from an environmental point of view.
Scope of concrete application is rather broad. With its help it is possible not only to improve the level of mechanization, but also to establish the automation of technological processes. And when using a primer for concrete for exterior use you can create any architectural building style.
Anyone who has ever spent in his apartment repairs, knows that before the wall putty, stain, wallpaper, they must cover the primer layer (or maybe not one). The same must be done before laying the floor covering. But not everyone is the question comes to mind, for what it's done.
The main task of which is assigned to the primer, is to increase the adhesion of the concrete surface with subsequent surfacing materials. In addition, mixtures provide protection from the harmful effects of external factors.
The material is already in a frozen state is quite durable. However, if you do not use these additional funds for strengthening concrete primer, it can be destroyed. This may affect mechanical cause. Also on the concrete impact of natural external factors.
As is known, concrete - a material with high density and hardness, but at the same time it comprises micropores. The porous structure has both advantages and disadvantages. In particular, if a concrete surface is left as it is, then it pronounced absorbency leads to inflated costs of paints and varnishes.
The primer with the effect of deep penetration is a special composition that enters the micropores. It helps to strengthen the concrete from the inside, and at the same time improve the adhesive properties. Typically, this is achieved by acrylic polymers, which are rich in certain types of deep penetration primer for concrete. When they are used together with the strengthening effect is reduced absorbency of the building material.
The primer mix used for external or internal finishing. After the surface treatment can be applied other finishes:
plaster (including decorative);
wallpaper (including the liquid).
When this primer makes it possible to apply subsequent finishing materials evenly. Proceeding from this, it becomes clear that the application of such compositions is a necessary and important process.
Depending on the composition of the primer are divided into several types:
Polystyrene primer for concrete for the exterior (or interior) in the home are rarely used, since is made with the addition of toxic solvents. Therefore, the scope of its application is limited mainly exterior trim facades or industrial premises, it is desirable to open. Some specific kinds of paint primer is required on the basis of polystyrene. In addition, such mixtures are applied to the plastered surface before laying tiles.
Acrylic blend widespread. And all because of the fact that they have no pungent smell, blends perfectly with almost any kind of finishing material and have excellent absorbency. After priming, can proceed to further finishing after 3-4 hours. Thanks to the environmentally friendly material, concrete primer for interior work can be applied to the surface of any premises, including the children's rooms and hospital wards. Only due to the rapid absorption and drying acrylic formulations are not recommended for the treatment of the facades.
PVA primer is ideal in cases where it is necessary to carry out repairs quickly. After application to the surface it dries within 30-40 minutes. Just before the finish is necessary to process the PVA glue to improve adhesion. After that you can start wallpapering or painting.
Epoxy primer made based resin. Often, it is used when applied polyurethane flooring. After applying the composition significantly increases the wear resistance properties of the material.
Solving the urgent problem which primer deep penetration is better for concrete, you can get accustomed to the alkyd blends. They are also popular in modern construction and more often applied to the surface before painting works. Penetrating the porous concrete structure, the composition provides protection from moisture in the material. On complete drying takes 12 to 15 hours.
To make the right choice of a primer mixture, it should be understood clearly, for which it served the purposes of - for outdoor work, or will it be interior decoration. For the treatment of external surfaces should acquire a special front part, which is a long time to dry. The outdoor environment is an important advantage. For the interior decoration you can use any available type of primer.
Another important point - is the cost. There better not be stingy and buy an expensive but reliable products than to "reap the fruits" of dubious quality product.
Fortunately, a good primer is not always the price of deep penetration is high, and you can find an inexpensive option. In any case it is better to trust the renowned and reliable vendors.
The construction market may be flooded with fakes, which are in almost every field of activity, it is necessary first of all to pay attention to the packaging, which is always present appropriate protection (holographic labels, stickers, etc.), which is the only manufacturer.
Buying a primer before carrying serious repair should be selected is the one which has antiseptic properties. And no matter what type it is, and for what types of work (internal or external finishing). Thanks to this concrete surfaces eliminating the risk of mold or mildew.
This is especially true when a family has small children. And if the parents' deep penetration primer price for this no matter what, scheduling repairs in the children's room, without this finishing material simply can not do. After the fungus released into the air their toxins. As a result, in this room, you can not just pick up a runny nose or allergy, but also more serious diseases. And the children, because of the body has not got stronger, the first to suffer.
Before applying the primer, you need to carefully prepare the surface. To do this, the old finish is removed completely as possible. In the presence of large cracks, they must be sealed. Liquid primers are usually ready to use, dry mix must first be diluted with water. Some types of coats require constant and thorough mixing.
Apply makeup comfortable cushion, as it covers a large area. On difficult sections is better to pass the brush. For large volumes of work, you can use the spray gun. In the deep penetration primer for concrete is better to add more liquid in an amount of 5% by volume. This is to ensure that the mixture is not stuck in the hose and nozzle. Manufacturers themselves provide such advice.
During the application of the composition is necessary to make sure that he went to an even layer. After that it is necessary to allow the primer to dry completely. The time is indicated on the package, but you can guess and shade. If the foundation is weak and crumbles the whole process must be repeated.
As many experts advise, works better with primer carried out at a positive temperature of from 5 to 25 °. As for moisture, then try to maintain a level of not more than 65%. Otherwise, during the processing of the mixture begins to foam surfaces. Polyurethane compositions - an exception.
If the concrete base is dense, according to the advice of many experts, it is possible to use a mixture-betonokontakt. It comprises quartz sand fines, thereby finishing materials better adhere to a smooth surface. The composition is suitable for exterior and interior finish.
Applying a primer Deep penetration rate will depend on its surface. As practice shows, on 1 sq. m will need 80-120 grams.
Safety measures to be observed during treatment. Work carried out in rubber gloves and make sure that the primer does not reach the eyes. If this is not avoided, then rinse them in warm water. To exclude such a case, it is better to work with glasses.
As for the cost, then the market can meet the different prices. Polyurethane primer occupy a niche more expensive, ranging from 4,000 rubles. Acrylic mixture more readily available. For example, the brand "Optimist G101" diverges at a price of 300 rubles per 10 liters. Cost KnaufTiefengrund and Ceresit CT 17 is a little more than 600 rubles for the same amount. Primer under the brand name "Prospectors" for sale in the region from 350 to 500 rubles for the same 10 liters.
Repairs will cost inexpensive, if one is to choose the right primer deep penetration for concrete. Such formulations, not only increases the life of the surface, but also makes subsequent finishing cheaper.