- 1 Photos and Description of Guzman
- 2 Epiphyte - Guzman tongue
- 3 MirTesen
- 4 Guzman - maintenance, multiplication, photos
Photos and Description of Guzman
On the islands of the Caribbean, South and Central American countries through long-term work of botanists discovered and described thousands of species of wild plants. Guzman, a photo of which affects the richness of greenery and catchy sultans of outlets is a native of the tropical region. In the wild, there are about 130 species of herbaceous cultures, differing from each other in size, shape and color of the bracts surrounding tiny inconspicuous flowers.
Change of foliage colors in the center of the rosette or flower stalk rising above the greenery - a sure sign of the approaching bloom - the climax and finale Guzman life. After wilting flowers die and the plant itself, but it does not stop gardeners, conquered the beauty of the tropical guest. Some types of Guzman became popular houseplants and successfully grown in pot culture.
Wild species adorn the southern expanse of all shades of red, orange and yellow less. And artificially bred varieties and hybrids gamma is much wider. Fans of indoor flower admired as above rosettes plumes unfold not only in red, but in purple, lilac tones. There are plants with white and even bi-colored bracts.
Guzman tongue (Guzmania lingulata)
In the house you'll find most Guzman a tongue. Natural look - it's pronounced epiphyte with small, relatively weak roots and acaulescent socket. In addition to plants with green elongated leaves, in the form of wild-growing and cultural plantings occur variegated specimens.
Like many bromeliads, Guzman is actively using the tongue outlet for water and food. When a 2-year old plant is about to bloom, wider and shorter leaves turn a bright color, and with their sinuses are formed and open inconspicuous flowers. Fully disclose this type of bract Guzman has red coloring, and do the flowers - yellow.
Ornamental plants is maintained until 15-18 weeks, then fades in Guzman entire central part, and plant life continues through the development of basal rosettes subsidiaries.
Today created some variety groups, combining plants;
- with more compact than the natural, shape;
- with bright unusual color of the bracts;
- with various duration flowering;
- with leaves, on which alternating green and white stripes.
Among the popular varieties that are offered by manufacturers of indoor plants: Tempo Guzman and Guzman Rondo. Under such names lurk large sortogruppy derived from Guzman tongue.
If you wish to complete your collection of houseplants miniature socket with orange-red at the top of the Sultan, florist should pay attention to minor or Guzman Guzmania lingulata var. Minor. It is resistant hybrid variety, blooming from February to the middle of summer and very convenient for growing on narrow city windowsills. Miniature plants included in sortogruppu Rondo, in a specialty store offering called "Guzman Minor Rondo".
Guzman tongue var. lingulata larger Guzman minor depicted in the photo. But the main feature of this plant - not the size, and a nice shade of pink bracts, rose high above the greenery.
If, however, on the counter of a flower shop lined up neat rows of tropical plants, differing only in color sultans, the buyer had the great opportunity to select the best specimens Guzman Mix. Under such trade name marketed received hybrids Guzmania lingulata with yellow, claret, scarlet or pink bracts.
As Guzman mix in the photo, bred specifically for amateur floriculture, such plants perfectly acclimatized to the content in the home. They are unpretentious and very attractive.
Guzman Ostara (Guzmania Ostara)
Guzman - malleable material in the hands of experienced breeders. Due to interbreeding species tongue and Guzman Guzmania witmackii growers were able to admire the deep-red fountains of rosettes of glossy green leaves. This showy plant received its own name Guzman Ostara. Ornamental plants lasts for six months, but you can resume the culture by planting small outlets, appearing at the instance of the parent base.
Guzman Sanguineous (Guzmania sanguinea)
Shown in the photo Guzman stands out among related plants that change color during flowering affects not only short bracts, but almost all of the socket. It becomes bright red, purple or rich pink, and this also applies to the green and red variegated specimens Guzman.
White and yellow flowers of the plant can be considered in the very center of the rosette. They literally swim, since the central crater is often almost completely filled with moisture. This unusual form of Guzman stays from April to August, and then dies.
Presented at the photos Guzman tricolor variety - a bright ornamental plant. Culture was named after the contrasting combinations of red, white and green colors on thick succulent leaves. Yellow flowers are hidden in the core and are practically invisible.
Guzman mosaic (Guzmania musaica)
Guzman mosaic differs from the already described species more dense foliage, in which clearly visible transverse bands of varying intensity.
The inflorescence appears at a high single stalk, which rises above the rosette with a diameter up to 1 meter. This kind of Guzman less dependent on rainfall, well-rooted in the ground and gets its power from the soil.
Gusmania Conifer (Guzmania conifera)
Seeing only once flowering, as in the photo, Guzman Conifer, forget this plant is not possible. Due to the cone-shaped orange-red lump on the top of the dense upright or inclined peduncle plant can be seen from a distance, even in the tropics of Peru and Ecuador, where nature meets the spectacular view. The shape of inflorescence given species name and defined its undiminished popularity among gardeners.
If you are going to complete your collection Guzman Conifer, fans of indoor crops should know that this is one of the largest varieties grown at home.
The flowers are orange-red, relatively large for plants of this kind. Wild specimens - a large epiphytes, villagers on the branches and trunks of trees. This behavior is due to the need to obtain sunlight and food. Moreover, this type Guzman is not a parasite. Everything needed it receives from rainfall, low soil clusters on the branches and air.
Guzman odnokolosaya (Guzmania monostachia)
One of the most flowering species called Guzman odnokolosoy due to external features of the inflorescence of large epiphytic plants. Peduncle coated short bracts, the bottom of the green, but the apex becomes red or orange. White flowers are clearly visible from under the wedge-shaped scales, bracts. Thick sheet metal socket is formed of elongated green leaves, whose coloring is much paler in the lower ranks than in the center.
As the flowering and pollination of Guzman, as in the photo, a green or variegated bracts formed small crested fruit-boxes.
Variety Guzman odnokolosoy alba - it's surprisingly elegant plant with green foliage and a monochromatic high inflorescence, from base to top changes color from green to almost white. Small flowers at short bracts and white.
Guzman Nicaraguan (Guzmania Nicaraguensis)
Medium-sized view Guzman is ideal for keeping indoors. The plant has a compact rosette of smooth, light-green leaves and erect spike-like inflorescences of bright crimson color. On the back of foliage base has brown or purple hue. The flowers are lemon-yellow color sitting on short stalks and are clearly visible on the bracts. Flowering is relatively short and falls on the spring months.
Epiphyte - Guzman tongue
Epiphyte - Guzman tongue
Guzman tongue - is a herbaceous plant, native to the tropics. In addition, it is an epiphyte, ie does not grow in the ground, and another plant.
Guzman refers to the bromeliad family. Blooms, usually from February until July, has a short and straight stems. Guzman spike inflorescence consists of small flowers of yellow, red and orange.
Basic requirements for the content Guzman tongue
- Location. The plant is very light. When the light is insufficient, Gusman long time will not bloom.
- Temperature conditions. Like all tropical plants, it needs a warm and humid air. Summer - more than 23 degrees, and in the winter - not less than 15 degrees.
- Watering. The plant is watered directly into the leaf rosette. In the warm season the water should always be there when the temperature drops below 20 degrees, the water is removed. In the winter, you need to give the substrate in the pot to dry out periodically.
- Air humidity . The plant requires a constantly high humidity.
- Fertilizers. Guzman fed a tongue between the end of April until the first of August 1 every 30 days. To do this, use a special fertilizer for flowering bromeliads.
- Transplantation composition and soil mixture. Transhipment (a type of transplant) made only when the plant becomes too small former pot. For this purpose, a specially prepared mixture (turf ground sheet, humus and sand). Pots recommended shallow, but wide.
- Reproduction. Propagated Guzman tongue basal shoots, which are formed during the withering away of the mother plant.
- Pests: Jose scale, mealybug, spider mites. To combat these solutions insecticide used.
Inflorescence Guzman tongue
Care Guzman tongue is simple and basic errors happen only because of the exotic plants and low awareness.
- GuzmanThe Latin name of the exotic Guzman - Guzmania. The plant belongs to the family of bromeliads. The old Guzman there.
- Beautiful epiphyte odontoglossumOdontoglossum (Latin Odontoglossum.) - beautiful epiphytic plants of the orchid family. The birthplace of the Mexican jungle orchids.
All rights reserved by law and owned by the resource owners www.homecveti.ru.
Reprint of materials from this resource is prohibited unless a direct link.
Resource "Plants" was created in 2011.
Guzman - maintenance, multiplication, photos
Guzman (Guzmania), or how to, Guzman - herbaceous evergreen epiphytic and terrestrial plants Bromeliads family. The genus includes about 130 species growing in Venezuela, Brazil, Central America, as well as in the West Indies and South Florida on open mountain slopes at an altitude of 2400m above sea level. For the first time this kind was described in 1802, and the name Guzman was in honor of the Spanish botanist, zoologist and pharmacist Anastasio Guzman, who studied South America. Since then, many types of Guzman were cultured for indoor flower. Bedroom Guzman outlandish attractive rosette of long leaves and an unusual inflorescence, like a lump, but the most important advantage - a long flowering Guzman.
Like all bromeliads, Guzman leaves at the bottom of superimposed on each other, forming a cup for water that accumulates plant for themselves, but use it and other forest inhabitants. Guzman leaves usually plain, but there are species with longitudinally or transversely striped leaves. Leaves, reaching a length of 40 to 70cm, form an outlet to an average of half a meter in diameter, although there are both types of more compact and less. The same is true of the peduncle: in different species it is of varying length. Guzman plant blooms in March or September and blooms for several months. The flowers are inconspicuous and unattractive, but bright, as if lacquered, red, yellow, white or orange bracts 4-5cm long, forming an unusual inflorescence, very spectacular. Adult plant reaches 75cm in height and 60cm in width, but the home Guzman rarely grows above 40cm. Within six months after flowering plant dies.
Guzman - care at home
Care Guzman requires specialized knowledge, which we will share with you. The plant loves warm and humid air ambient light without direct sunlight. When Guzman is preparing to bloom, it will need the air temperature is not below 25ºC, but already flowering plants enough 20ºC. Lower threshold that Guzman can withstand a short time - 13ºS, and in spite of love for the heat, do not keep it for a long time at a temperature above 27 ° C, because Guzman may die. To reach the home of high humidity, the plant required, you will have to arrange her daily spraying distilled or at least filtered water, and from October to February only need to spray in the morning. While spraying water should not fall on the bracts, because it greatly reduces flowering time.
Since the roots of bromeliads are very sensitive to chlorine and lime, water and spray it can only be filtered, distilled or even better warm (20 ° C) water. watering frequency should be such that the substrate is not dried up: watering once on the substrate surface shows signs of drying. Water should be poured directly into the rosette of leaves. How often do you have to be watered Guzman, it depends on the conditions that you could create it. If the light and the air temperature is lower than recommended, then watered Guzman will have less, but the daily spraying leaves with warm water necessarily in any way. Especially Guzman needs moisture during spring and summer, during the period of active growth.
In specialty stores sold the fertilizer to bromeliads, but feeding concentration should be two times less than recommended by the manufacturer. Take care that in the composition of the fertilizer was not boron or copper, which is toxic to Guzman. Fertilize the plant should be once a month during the period from March to September. Apply fertilizer during watering directly into the outlet Guzman or during spraying the leaves.
It is unlikely that you will need information on how to transplant Guzman, because it is transplanted only once: from the pot in which you brought it out of the store, in a constant. If it is needed. The root system of Guzman small, so the pot in which you move it, should be no more than 10-12cm in diameter. Try something heavier pot because the plant can flip it. Or put a pot with a plant in a decorative pots for sustainability. Do not forget about the drainage layer. Permeable substrate is needed, the acidity in the range of 5.5-7.0. That is the approximate composition of the options:
- - crushed roots of sphagnum moss, ferns and a ratio of 1: 3;
- - moss, sand, softwood bark, ground sheet in the ratio 1: 1: 2: 2;
- - sand, humus, turf ground, peat in a ratio of 1: 2: 2: 4,
although you can use a substrate for the ferns and orchids that are on sale. Prepare a pot with drainage, pour into it a bit of a substrate passes from the old plant to the new pot with a clod of earth and dosypte substrate. Nothing complicated. Be careful only to the fragile roots.
How to sit Guzman.
In this chapter, we will answer questions as to propagate Guzman home as otsadit kids Guzman and Guzman how to implement the division, because it is one and the same process. Propagated Guzman after flowering lateral processes, which are called the children. When Guzman fades, the mother rosette dies, but there are kids around her Guzman, growing up with building up their own roots. Once the roots reach a length of 1.5 cm, it is necessary to separate the process of a sharp sterile instrument from the mother plant, process to cut detke and old Guzman garden pitch. Not all children the roots are formed at the same time, and therefore to transplant all the kids at one time is unlikely to succeed. Transplanted separated processes in pots with substrate for orchids and contain the heat, wherein the first time under a plastic hood to enhance humidity required younger Guzman. When the plants grow stronger and grow, they are transplanted into pots constant handling method, so as not to damage the fragile roots.
Propagated by seeds and Guzman. This is done as follows: on the soil surface for bromeliads, consisting of comminuted peat mixed with sand, sown seeds, previously washed in a solution of potassium permanganate and dried by. Patch them into the soil is not necessary, because the seeds should germinate in the light, but the container cover glass or film needed. The temperature for the germination must be 22-24ºC, seeds as necessary aerate and lightly sprayed with warm water. Seedlings should appear within two to three weeks, and they dive in 2-2.5 months in the ground, consisting of a sheet of land, sod of earth and peat in the ratio of 2: 1: 4. Six months later, the young plants are seated in permanent pots. Guzman bloom these three, four, or even five years.
Guzman blooms only once. In fact, it is considered an annual plant, but in anticipation of when it will bloom, it may take several years. But after flowering, the plant dies. If during the time of her life there were side branches, you can have them to transplant, and you will be young Guzman, who also ever bloom. But will not be able to save the mother plant.
Among indoor Guzman species most widely represented Guzman tongue - plant, which may exist as epilation (grow on stony ground) and both epiphytic. The base of the flower - rosette of dense and long green leaves broadly linear, which is located in the center of the corolla of prisotsvetnyh leaves bright colors, which can be mistaken for the flower. In fact, flowers are collected in spike inflorescence, very inconspicuous and bloom very long. Varieties Guzman tongue:
- - var. cardinalis ( «purpurea") - a version with a spreading rosette of green leaves 3-4cm wide, bracts scarlet, red or purple, many-inflorescence. Flowering in March, September;
- - var. concolor ( «skromnotsvetnaya") - outlet of a light-green leaves, bracts pale orange with brighter tips;
- - var. flammea ( «fire") - outlet from green leaves about 24-34sm length and 1-2cm in width, which are directed in all directions of the upper hemisphere. Fiery red bracts are directed to the zenith. Melkotsvetkovoe inflorescence, blooms in July and August;
- - var. lingulata ( «normal») - leaves outlet 2.5 cm wide, erect bracts red or pink in color, bloom in March, August and December;
- - var. minor ( «small») - the socket of the green or red-green leaf width of 2.5 cm, prisotsvetnye leaves erect or spreading, lemon-yellow and red.
is a loose socket pale green leaves with scales. Stems erect, short inflorescence pyramidal-paniculate, covered at the base with bright red bracts imbricate. It blooms in April and May.
- cup-shaped rosette of leaves broadly linear, thin bracts bright red color, corymbose inflorescence has a leaf-wrapping and literally immersed in the socket due to undeveloped peduncle. Guzman species of blood-red:
- - var. Sanguinea ( «bloody») - rounded bracts with a sharp tip, flower petals yellow with greenish or white blooms in April and August;
- - var. Brevipedicellata ( «short-legged") - a version of the helmet with pointed bracts.
Guzman musaika or mosaic
- a plant with long leaves, forming a sprawling outlet, direct spike, which broadly and pointed bright pink stipules. Two dozen white-yellow flowers are collected in simple capitate inflorescence, the base of which is hidden stipules. species:
- - var. Musaica - light green leaves, streaked irregular lines, blooms in June, September;
- - var. Concolor - single-colored leaves;
- - var. Zebrina - leaves with wide stripes.
Guzman Nicaraguan (Guzmania Nicaraguensi)
- interesting for its tongue-leaves, narrowed to the ends of which the lower parts are covered with thick scales pale, disappearing as Guzman growth. Instead of scales on the leaves remain small longitudinal red touches. Rosette leaves formed, has the shape of a wine glass, which shipped a simple fusiform inflorescence with little yellow flowers. Flowering in March, May.
Guzman odnokolosaya (Guzmania monostachia)
- socket consists of numerous yellow-green leaves, the lower and upper paler in some places covered with punctate scales, which are gradually falling. Bare stems crowned by an elongated multi-row spike of white flowers, bracts at plodoobrazuyuschih pale flowers with brown longitudinal risks in sterile flowers - bright red or white. species:
- - var. Monostachia - single-colored leaves, bracts blednookrashennye with chocolate-colored longitudinal strokes, blooms in June, July;
- - var. Variegata - green leaves with white strokes;
- - var. Alba - single-colored green leaves, lower bracts are too green, the upper - white.
- - a giant flower with leaves up to 70cm.
- a source
Reactions to the article
- © 2007-2018. Using materials reference site "Tsvetochki9raquo; necessarily
Since your account is registered suspicious activity. For your security, we want to make sure that it's really you